Assistance please looking for input from you experienced O travelers

moanddi

First time O cruiser on Marina in January.  I have done regent, viking, etc but never O.  I booked with the 3 O'Life promos giving me 4 excursions, $800 room credit and bev pkg.  Now I am seeing their new simply more program in cat B4 is $10,099 which is more money than what i paid by like $600.  I have also purchased the air and transfers for $1,500 pp and if i booked on my own it would be $1,482 pp plus transfers.

Can i get an opinion for those versed on this new smiply more?  Am i better off to keep what i have.  MY TA says so but I want other opinions. 

Also, i have to pay for gratuities but I am hearing many of you getting those included.  That is another $864 i have to pay for.

Advice please from fellow cruisers.

Thank you 🙂 

Think your TA is probably right. You have all three OLife promotions but with simplyMore you would have only the beverage package plus an allowance for tours, the amount of which varies by length of you cruise. You would lose the onboard credit. You would gain the ability to have two, rather than one, connection to the internet per cabin at anyone time.

You will be liable for gratuities with either program but they are voluntary. In saying that I think most people pay them, we always do. You have $800 OBC so you could use that towards the gratuities. Some TA’s do give free gratuities as a perk 

I think those who will lose out most with simplyMore  are the people who book cruise only which  looks like it’s no longer available.