Royal suite yacht club seaside

markf

An agent is insisting that the royal suite is a 2 bedroom suite  

I am not seeing 2 separate bedrooms nor 2 bath rooms .

anyone been on the 16 th deck on seaside and can tell me in detail

if it is 1 bedrooms 

thanks 

They are 2 room suites. simple misread or quote . One might consider the livingroom a second bedroom with 2 sofas. One of which converts into a king bed.

Sitting in one now, reading your post.

When I am not sleeping or eating I am on Cruise Critic.....

IMG_2984.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

They are 2 room suites. simple misread or quote . One might consider the livingroom a second bedroom with 2 sofas. One of which converts into a king bed.

Sitting in one now, reading your post.

When I am not sleeping or eating I am on Cruise Critic.....

IMG_2984.jpg

@markf a great resource is cruisedeckplans.com. There are member and non-member sites that shows rooms, photos, videos searchable by specific ships. The member site is very cheap for a life-time membership and we find it invaluable for choosing rooms, scoping out deck plans, etc. 

I am not sure if it is a "deal-breaker" for you, but if we are paying a lot more money for a room, it has to have something very special - a view, a thermal spa pass, a huge balcony and the holy grail of cruise rooms...2 BATHROOMS! 

On the Seaside July 30th and have had 3-4 emails in the past month to bid to upgrade to the RS from our YC penthouse for $1400 pp (kiddo would be free) on our 4 night Bahamas. That's a hard no as 3K for more space without a 2nd bathroom is not worth it (even with a 2nd bathroom we can happily keep the 3K for another cruise). The hot tub looks awesome, but not 3K awesome. It's so odd to only have one YC room category with 2 bathrooms (the duplex suite) across most of the MSC YC areas. 

@morpheusofthesea I'd love your opinion of the room. Heck - if we get a free upgrade we would not say no!

Warmest, Amy

I've had 16037 on Seaside. There were a few minor issues (loose screws, hot tub plug, etc.) but those issues were fixed within a few weeks after I left. Some other forum members who were booked in the same stateroom reported back that the issues were all fixed. I don't know if my review with pictures had anything to do with it. I did see MSC crew making repairs in other places on the ship so maybe they would have fixed the issues without my review (loved the room and the cruise, btw).  

As noted above, it is 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, and a living room. The sofa bed is actually quite comfortable...

IMG-4006-Copy.jpg

... when the kids crash in the master bed and I have to sleep in the living room. 🙃

• Like 1

Thanks

The agent insists this is a 2 bedroom suite.  A living room that sleeps people is a living room , not a bedroom. There is no privacy in a living room if someone comes in after hours. 
I am baffled as to why the agent is insisting, I would go off the deep end if I came expecting 2 bedroom ..

• Haha 1

Yep, could easily just be mistaken since there are two-bedroom suites, and they are great! Aurea-only, but I would pick that room category again over YC in this class of ship for my family of 5.

Edited by peder
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, amygutman said:

love your opinion of the room. Heck - if we get a free upgrade we would not say no!

Warmest, Amy

Dear Warmest Amy, For us the RS is our favorite suite of all cruise lines. In 2 weeks we will be back but had to take a OS as the RS were taken. As with you we would have rather “saved” the $3000.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Dear Warmest Amy, For us the RS is our favorite suite of all cruise lines. In 2 weeks we will be back but had to take a OS as the RS were taken. As with you we would have rather “saved” the $3000.

@morpheusofthesea🥰 That makes me so happy to hear. I love your response of generally being on a cruise, or on cruise critic (or both as it seems). 

I think we miss you by a week (we are boarding on July 30th) but it would have been a pleasure to meet you in person. Your posts are informative, witty, helpful and never derogatory. 

Yes, warmly as always, Amy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1