Dining package gratuities

lovescarborough

21 hours ago, lovescarborough said:

Having just booked a dining package for our next cruise in January, I am a bit confused about the gratuity. Is this included in the package price ? It was when we cruised in January but I’m not sure whether it is now? 

The gratuity was added to the cost of the package when you checked out.  It would show the cost of package + gratuity.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

The gratuity was added to the cost of the package when you checked out.  It would show the cost of package + gratuity.

This is where I’m confused as the order doesn’t mention gratuities. In the small print it mentions drinks and extras such as chefs table drinks and gratuities aren’t included but there is no mention of gratuity on my invoice or indeed how much . Have things changed since we last used a package in January this year ? 

6 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

In the UK they probably include gratuities in the price. In the US the gratuities are added as an extra line item before payment.

Correct, the UK prices are higher because they include the gratuity as it is not legal here, to display a price then add a mandatory gratuity at the point of payment.

Edited by Mark_T