Charter flights

MarciAnn

Our cruise includes a charter flight from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia to board the Pursuit.   In terms of luggage limitations, my itinerary says 75 lb max per person (I can live with that), 2 bag maximum.  Can anyone who has experienced this kind of charter tell me if the two bag max applies to just the checked bag maximum or does it mean on checked and one carry on?  Are there size limitations on the carryon?

Sorry if this question was asked and answered already.  

I thought that this past year, it was a maximum of 50 pounds for checked luggage (one or two bags, your choice), and a carry on. But there was some confusion over whether the 50 pound limit was total checked or per bag (e.g. up to 100 pounds). Hopefully someone who was on Venture in the Antarctic this past year will post a definitive answer. (We were on a Silversea Antarctica cruise this past winter, and we were definitely and clearly limited to 50 pounds total checked luggage per person — but Silversea flies smaller planes to a smaller airport in southern Chile than Seabourn does flying into Ushuaia.) And they sometimes revise the rules between seasons as the cruise line and their charter providers review what did and didn't work well the prior season.

As for the carry on, I don't think I've seen anyone report that the measurements of their bag was checked, nor weighed, but you should assume it may be a smaller or slightly older jet which has smaller overhead compartments instead of the ones on the latest model jets; large rollaboards may have to fit in sideways instead of wheels first, and anything too big may not fit.

• 3 months later...

I just spoke with Seabourn about this yesterday because we could not find anything on the website about this!  Here's what I was told:  

• Checked:  2 bags per person - 50 lbs per bag
  • Carry-on:  1 bag (17 x 13.5 x 9.5 ) + 1 personal item   

Hope this helps!