Chance of upgrade?

lordredbeard

We went to the purser's desk at on both the latest cruises and they put our name on a list. They also asked if we willing to pay. We were told all the cabins were full. So no luck.

On the Sky in 04 they were advertising in the daily paper saying they had spare cabins and suites. We upgraded to a balcony suite for 1/2 the cruise (5 nights) for $900. A lot of money but a bargain compared to the $14000 brochure fare.

Hi Kerri, we are flying out tomorrow morning (at 2 am :() - thought we would give the upgrade a shot.

We are looking at doing tours at most of the ports - Trishaw in Malacca, Discovery in KL, Temple and Gardens in Penang, Sightseeing in Phuket, and Sea Eagle in Langkawi.

Hi you can try and get an upgrade before you hop on the ship by ringing P & O and asking if they have any availabiltiy - we have just upgraded from an inside cabin to an outside cabin and I had been ringing P & O every other day for availability. You just pay the difference - it probably would be cheaper though if you asked for an upgrade on ship I have never asked for an upgrade on a ship before but we automatically got upgraded to a higher deck when we hopped on for one of our cruises.

Leeanne

Never had an upgrade with P&O. But once we booked a cruise on Crown Monarch in a cabin with a "restricted view" It was about 40% cheaper than a normal outside cabin. As our cabin steward brought in our luggage he told us that there were some empty cabins a bit further down the hallway. He said wait till the morning then go and see the purser and tell him you aren't happy with the cabin. Too rough or noisy or something. He said the purser should give us another cabin. I was a bit reluctant at first but next morning found myself walking past the pursers desk and thought "why not" Ended up we were transfered to a cabin midships and on a higher deck for no extra cost. A saving of about $2000. I think the cabin steward was disappointed as he was losing 2 passengers. But he was well tipped when he brought our luggage to our new cabin. So everyone was happy.:)

Just phoned P&O re booking shore tours (which I now can't) so asked about upgrading. He told me that I'd have to go to my TA and get them to look into it for me and that he couldn't give me any prices as it was against policy rules!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Kerri

That is unbelievable Kerrie. I wonder if it has something to do with having to go through your TA so they won't help - sounds crazy. I have to ring P & O tomorrow to confirm one of our tours, so will get a contact name for you if they are helpful.

You only have 3 days to go - how exciting?

Leeanne

Archived