century suite or sky suite????

dmf208

Does anyone have any info, it is worth the money to get the sky suite?

Donna

I booked a Sky Suite because the verandah is HUGE and I want DH to fall in love with cruising! We're booked on Mercury, so check the deck plans.

Make sure if you book a Sky that you are on deck 12 if you want the sun. Sometimes they claim the Skys are lower which means the real Sky Suites are blocking your sun by the expanding balconies. This is part of the re-evaluating from what used to be Catagories 1 or 2 etc. It really depends on what you prefer. Whenever I can I book the Sky on deck 12 so I have my own little real estate in the sun without the crowd by the pool.

Thank you!!! I love the balcony and my husband does not really care. The century suite I originally booked was at the aft and the balxony was only 38 sq feet. When I saw one sky suite available on the 12th floor, the other day, I grabbed it.

You made me feel better about the extra$ spent.

Donna

Does anyone have any info, it is worth the money to get the sky suite?

Donna

A few years ago, a Century Suite was the same cabin as a Sky Suite, but on a lower deck with a much smaller balcony, and the standard sized cabins in the back of the ship with balconies were called mini suites. However, the former Century Suite cabins are now also classified as Sky Suites, while the former mini suites were reclassified as Century Suites. With this in mind, there is now a substantial difference between a Century Suite and Sky Suite and it is worth every penny to book a Sky Suite, especially the ones on the Sky Deck. The Sky Suites on Deck 12 of Century Class Ships are our favorite cabins at sea.

Archived