What happened to customer service?

We just returned from VOS Western. This was our second time on VOS. We are not demanding or picky people by any stretch, we always make the best of things, but is it just us? We had a terrible waiter, room steward and bar service. Waiter never looked at us when he did his speach, looked over our heads. Our room steward other than his speach on the first day when he introduced himself he never said another word to us and I always said "Good morning, Dennis" "Hello, Dennis" he would just giggle, he didn't even put the life vests away after the muster. I saw him talk to other people the first day in conversation so I am pretty sure he understood english, at least hello.

The bartenders in the Sports bar where very disinterested and didn't look at us just grabbed the card. We ordered 2 strawberry Margaritas & one only put stuff in for one drink in & kept adding ice to make 2, he served drinks to another person while ours was blending away into water. We ended up with pink water by the time he got back to it. yuk! We always find a favorite bartender on a trip, in fact when our friends travel they ask us what we collect & we say "favorite bartenders" (we never had one brought back for us though) :). The staff by the pools were always fun, I'm talking about a bar you could sit & relax and talk to the bartender or each other. It was hard to get served at Cleopatra's Needle, we had one good bartender at La Scala, Victor, but you couldn't sit there & the only other place he worked was Studio B.

We chose VOS because we were bringing someone with us on a first cruise and we had been on it before. We told them that you will not believe the service, if you ask for something you are told "it will be my pleasure". I guess it wasn't a big deal since we are programmed these days for poor service I just was expecting what we've had in the past.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

We are sailing on the Voyager next month ,sorry you had a bad experience with the service, I hope the crew was just having a bad week. We were on the Radiance last April our room steward did an excellant job on our cabin,but I only saw him twice the whole week. Hate to sound like an RCCL homer but I have never really found much to complain about on any cruise (4 previous) I guess we have been lucky hope it stays that way.

Sorry, Voyager.

We did see other waiters having fun with their tables, just not ours. He did kid around with coworkers, just not us. Our friends had a better cabin steward. It just was a general disappointment in the service throughout.

Sorry, Voyager.

We did see other waiters having fun with their tables, just not ours. He did kid around with coworkers, just not us. Our friends had a better cabin steward. It just was a general disappointment in the service throughout.

I hope that you noted all of this on your comment card so at least RCI can address those that obviously need to work on their people skills. Sorry that your cruise did not live up to past expectations.

Archived