Cabin #6328, Mariner of the Seas

When booking a balcony cabin on the Voyager class ships, you should try to get a cabin on deck 7 or higher and avoid deck 6. The balconies on deck 6 have more metal and less glass on them, so the view from inside the cabin or out on the balcony is not as good. Not a big deal really, but if you have a choice, I'd go to any of the higher decks. We usually book deck 7, as it is not much more expensive but better view.

We had 8328 on the Mariner in January. What looks like possibly a larger balcony on the deck plans is actually more interior space just inside the sliding door. We loved the cabin and the location near the elevators!

When booking a balcony cabin on the Voyager class ships, you should try to get a cabin on deck 7 or higher and avoid deck 6. The balconies on deck 6 have more metal and less glass on them, so the view from inside the cabin or out on the balcony is not as good. Not a big deal really, but if you have a choice, I'd go to any of the higher decks. We usually book deck 7, as it is not much more expensive but better view.

I believe that the deck 6 balconies with the metal applies to the older ships, Navigator and Mariner have all glass balconies.We have cabin 6616 on the Navigator for our upcoming cruise and I looked at pics from someone who stayed in that cabin and the balcony is all glass.

This site gives a nice comparison of the differences in the Voyager Class Ships.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/home.html

We were in 7610, 7612 and 7614 on the Mariner (beginning of hump) - the balconies were not bigger, (have stayed in regular balcony cabin on Voyager) but maybe a little more space between the bed and the door (good storage for the suitcases).

Archived