Long Beach help needed

chadci

Hi, I assume I have a bit of a unique situation and am seeking a little guidance. 

We'll be arriving in Los Angeles by Amtrak on a Friday afternoon (around 2:35) for a Saturday cruise. I need some ideas on where to stay to be best positioned to get to the port Saturday morning as easily as possible. Will this be an Uber / Lyft scenario or is there convenient public transit to look into? It'll be myself, my wife and our 10 year old. We'll each have a backpack and a carryon. I'm prepared to pay $50-75 to get there, but would love not to!

I'm sure by the time we get to the hotel ( assuming at least another hour or so) we'll be ready to grab some dinner and relax for the evening after a long travel day, so we don't HAVE to be near lots of things to see and do... however having a market within walking distance would be handy to grab some soda / wine to take with us.

I appreicate any advice!

Edited by chadci

What I've found as an option from Union Station to LBX Downtown is take the Metro A line and then we can walk the few blocks or uber to where we plan to stay which is near the convention center and gives us access to Vons grocery store. Website looks to be a decent enough place - found on google maps.