Kids Club on a Holiday Sailing (Christmas & New Years)

PumpkinPatches

My family will be on the Silhouette over Christmas and New Years this year.  Our kids are 4 and 6 years old, and they LOVE kids club!

My question is this: for a holiday sailing where there will be lots of kids, and NYE which is a night every one will be out late celebrating.. should I expect that there may be some different holiday offerings with the kids club?  Like maybe a special kids club NYE event? Or will it be like any other cruise where there's limited spots for late night babysitting?

Should I be booking the late night babysitting as soon as I get onboard?

If any one has experience cruising with kids over the holidays and have kids club advice for me I would love to hear it!

1 hour ago, PumpkinPatches said:

My family will be on the Silhouette over Christmas and New Years this year.  Our kids are 4 and 6 years old, and they LOVE kids club!

My question is this: for a holiday sailing where there will be lots of kids, and NYE which is a night every one will be out late celebrating.. should I expect that there may be some different holiday offerings with the kids club?  Like maybe a special kids club NYE event? Or will it be like any other cruise where there's limited spots for late night babysitting?

Should I be booking the late night babysitting as soon as I get onboard?

If any one has experience cruising with kids over the holidays and have kids club advice for me I would love to hear it!

We have used the kids club extensively for our two kids but by the time we started doing Christmas/NYE sailings they were young adults. 

My information may be out of date: on embarkation day, the kids club (aka Camp at Sea) may staff a desk near the gangway when you board.  They used to do this for every sailing, but I have not seen it on my last few cruises--perhaps they will do this for your holiday sailing.  It is worth dropping by the kids club as soon as you board.  They used to hold a parent's orientation on embarkation day to go over their program, rules, and procedures--something that you will definitely want to attend.