Promonade Cabin Question

dml

Has anyone stayed in a deck 7 promenade cabin on NOS?:confused:

We have booked a midship promenade cabin for our July first cruise on the Navigator. Previous cruises were on the Empress of the Seas, ( first one when she the Nordic Princess) and Splendour.

All commments are welcome!

David.

I've stayed in a deck 7 PR. The view, if mid ship is good of the promenade and the noise level is not a factor. These are great values because you get a window, and a window seat that make the room feel bigger.

The other good thing about deck 7 is it is perfectly situated between the dining room and the pool. We invoke the "4 deck rule" for the sake of working off all of our indulgence and that means the stairs to the pool (4 up) and the dining room (4 down for us).

Enjoy your cruise NOS is beautiful. We were in Cozumel with the Empress and enjoyed looking down at her.

we stayed on deck 7 PR on Voyager and it was great when we wanted to see parades and people watch. :)

We had joining cabins with our best friends and it was awesome, we girls were able to sit on sofa and chat and then men could hang out while we watched parades. We enjoyed these cabins with them, it was almost like one big room for us, we could go between without going to the hall. Not, that you need that...BUT the promenade was great versus just an "inside" cabin.

We are in our 30's so we were up late and never found noise from outside to be an issue. You'll like them, I am sure! Have a great cruise! :)

We're on Deck 7 for our cruise next month. I deliberately opted for rooms not Mid ship as our PR cabin on the Mariner was, at times, too loud for us. There was a bandstand almost directly under our window and they played music too late for us.

Don't let that bother you if you're a night person! I'm one of those HORRIBLE ppl that wakes up naturally at 6 am on vacation! Of course that's sleeping in from my usual 4:30!

Does anyone know exactly what our view is going to be? We have 7605 and 7607. I'm guessing we'll have a wonderful view of the stairs.

We were in 7305 on Voyager last summer. This is a sister ship to Navigator. Loved the view and there was no concern about the sound from the Promenade.

I agre with medic_cruiser. Just make sure the curtains are drawn when you do not want something seen since there are rooms directly across from you. :eek:

Candleonwater, your cabins are located direcly across from where we were. If you look left out of your windows, you will see a good amount of the Promenade. You will only see the stairs in the Centrum to Deck 3 only if you look straight down. I mostly looked right into the Promenade

We are on a balcony this year not because we did not like the PR room, but because we got a good price. I would take a PR room again.

hac82 - That's what we did last year, went with an E1 to experience the balcony... I love the balcony rooms, but they're not all THAT! And definitely NOT worth the upcharge I would have had to pay for this cruise. I was perfectly happy with my last PR cabin, with the exception of not having daylight! LOL Even better is that we have connecting PR cabins, so that will give us more room.

A comment about the curtains... since my daughter likes to sit in the window so much. I found that if you open the bathroom door, and 1/2 the closet door - it makes a very nice changing room (with access to the clothing). Of course, just lock the door so no one walks in on you!

Is PR cabin good for the kids? I just booked them a PR cabin on deck 7 on VOS for them, while DH and I are across the hall in a balcony. They had an inside cabin on Carnival Liberty this year and felt closed in (poor kids, on a cruise in their own cabin....). They are excited about the PR cabin. Anything I need to worry about with them? (they will be 14, 10 on this cruise --it'll be their 5th-- and they were good in their own cabin this year).

Is PR cabin good for the kids? I just booked them a PR cabin on deck 7 on VOS for them, while DH and I are across the hall in a balcony. They had an inside cabin on Carnival Liberty this year and felt closed in (poor kids, on a cruise in their own cabin....). They are excited about the PR cabin. Anything I need to worry about with them? (they will be 14, 10 on this cruise --it'll be their 5th-- and they were good in their own cabin this year).

I don't have kids and don't know your 10 and 14 year-old but that seems really young to be in a non-adjoining cabin.

Archived