Opera April 3 - general questions

travellingmom

We have never been to the Mediterranean and we have no idea really what to expect. I notice that last year the pool was open but can we really expect it to be warm enough to actually swim at the begining of April? We are from Canada but we are used to Caribbean Cruises in the winter so I am expecting something in the middle. Does the MSC Opera have a covered room with a pool in it or is just outside? Last year on Royal Caribbean they could close the solarium or open it - can we expect that?

As well - is there much to do on the ship in the evenings. We found Royal Caribbean quite boring but Carnival has been great. I guess we like the night life so will there be much of that or is it pretty geared for the more mature audience?

Is anyone else planning to go on this cruise out of Genoa on April 3rd?:confused:

I have done the Mediterranean, but not with MSC so I really can't help you with those questions. But I can tell you that the Opera's pools are NOT covered. As for swimming that time of year....well we Canadians ARE hearty folk!! :D

I did the Caribbean on the Opera a few weeks ago and there is always LOTS to do. They have a great entertainment staff and the shows are the BEST I have seen on any cruise.

Wish I was joining you, but hope you have a great trip!

:cool: Thanks Czechmate,

That will really come in handy when we are trying to pack.

I too was surprised about the change especially since we were on the May 1 cruising but then they jacked the price all of a sudden and would only honor the original price if we went in April - so off we go!

Archived