Bathrooms on Grand/Golden vs Dawn???

emsachs

Can someone please compare the bathrooms/showers on Golden Princess vs the bathrooms on Dawn Princess in an oceanview with balcony room.

My wife was miserable on our Dawn Princess cruise (Room B604), because the shower was so small.

We are considering a European cruise on Golden/Grand and she is insisting on a minisuite because they have a shower over tub. (Minisuites are cost prohibitive). I want to book just a balcony room (Not a minisuite)

Are the showers bigger on Grand/Golden vs Dawn?? (in same catagory such as BC, BB)

My wife is in control of happiness and I will be miserable if she's not happy.:)

Although I've never measured them, the size difference can't be much more than a couple of inches at the most. It's just a given that they are small, but workable none the less. If you don't book the mini have her check out the showers in the changing area of the Lotus Spa on the Sun deck. I don't remember the exact location, but go find them your 1st day on board. Those showers are reasonably large glass showers and are free for the using. Since hubby is used to his large shower here at home he always uses them when we sail. You might also read the following thread as it has hints that make the shower curtain problem easier to deal with.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=314461

Although I've never measured them, the size difference can't be much more than a couple of inches at the most. It's just a given that they are small, but workable none the less. If you don't book the mini have her check out the showers in the changing area of the Lotus Spa on the Sun deck. I don't remember the exact location, but go find them your 1st day on board. Those showers are reasonably large glass showers and are free for the using. Since hubby is used to his large shower here at home he always uses them when we sail. You might also read the following thread as it has hints that make the shower curtain problem easier to deal with.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=314461

Larsen is correct. If you go to the Lotus spa and into the change room you will find large very nice showers there that you can use for free. I agree that mini suites are cost prohibitive for many of us here. You won't find that the showers are significantly larger in any way on the Grand class ships compared with the Sun/Dawn ships.

Archived