Grand Cayman - Shopping Rolex

kbt2

We will be in Caymans in May and my b-day, mothers day, and Anniversary are all within 2 weeks of one another and thought I'd look for a new dial for Rolex and I know there are specific places in Caymans that only carry Rolex's now and wondered if anyone can advise of a place they bought recently and enjoyed. Don't want this to sound pretentious, but really am looking to go straight to a specific place and not hunt or ask around on the island itself. Thanks!

I'm not sure how many shops carry the Rolex line, but I'm not aware of any that are solely Rolex.

I do know that Kirk Freeport carries them. A couple years ago I was looking to replace my $30 Wal-Mart special with the cheapest thing I could find on the island that would stand up to repeated saltwater exposure. I explained this to the saleslady and she promptly brought me over to the Rolex counter. I managed not to laugh and ended up back across the store looking at a Citizen watch that I bought.

Drew...what I understand, is years ago there were some stores that were only allowed to sell Rolex's...not solely sold...as I know Columbian Emeralds sold them a few years back, but a year or so later when we returned in GC to look at options, as DH was buying one for our 10 yr. Anniversary, they said Rolex did not allow them or certain other jewelers to sell any longer, became sort of exclusive to whom I think you just mentioned "Kirk". That's what I was looking for, couldn't remember their name. Thanks, Kim

BTW we stayed at your island a few years ago and loved every minute. We went to 2 restaurants we really liked for dinner...the bed and there was another I cannot remember name...maybe waterfront or something like that...there were hundreds of tables, it seemed, as there was an inside and outside dining. there was a harp that came around and played music and we sat up against the waterfront and there was a carp feeding show...was like sharks attacking the food. What was the name of that restaurant?? I know that was a pricey dinner...but loved every minute of it!!! :)

Archived