Seward, Alaska disembark transfer ?

Will Work for Tiramisu

Fellow Silver Cetaceans - 

My DW & I are planning our first cruise post-Covid, a Seward-Vancouver-Seward trip in 2024.  I'm investigating options, and am inclined to a D2D, but without transfers to and from our nearest airport that is in the SS Air system, as we live too far away.  Air & other transfer, pre-hotel, are by SS.  My question is, given being out of cabin by 8am on day of disembark, and usual locate luggage process, can anyone shed light on SS-provided transfer from pier to Anchorage Airport??  It is about 120 miles, a two hour drive.  We will have taken the scenic train ride when we first transfer from Anchorage to Seward (pre cruise), btw, so don't want to repeat, plus train leaves Seward 6:30 pm.  I see a desirable flight to our destination leaving 2:00 pm, so would like to plan on being at airport by noon.  Does anyone have experience with how/when SS-provided transfer to the airport works??  A bus?  A limo?  Oxcart?  Any input greatly appreciated.  I am in touch with SS sales person already, but would be useful to have this info to decide on how we want to handle the process, before finalizing with her.  Thanks for any assistance.   

The train leaves the dock in Seward around 9am and takes about 4-1/2 hours. This is a special Silversea charter train, not the public train. If you book D2D you get to ride on the train, both ways in your case. SS also charters buses for those who book P2P. The buses leave around 9am and take 3 hours. The train goes directly to the Anchorage airport. The buses go either to the airport, to the convention center, where you can leave your bags and then get a bus to the airport later, or to the Silversea hotel. No one has to make their own way from Seward. I recommend that you ask to be put on a bus going to the airport if you want to make that flight.

Alithecat -

Thank you for this most helpful info.  While would be fun to do train again, I agree the bus sounds more prudent for a 2pm flight.  From long experience, we prefer to have all the info regarding options so we can make informed decisions, rather than completely throw ourselves upon the tender mercies of SS agents.  (Although we like the woman we work with who is a "SS Agent".)

On 8/5/2023 at 5:14 PM, alithecat said:

The train leaves the dock in Seward around 9am and takes about 4-1/2 hours. This is a special Silversea charter train, not the public train. If you book D2D you get to ride on the train, both ways in your case. SS also charters buses for those who book P2P. The buses leave around 9am and take 3 hours. The train goes directly to the Anchorage airport. The buses go either to the airport, to the convention center, where you can leave your bags and then get a bus to the airport later, or to the Silversea hotel. No one has to make their own way from Seward. I recommend that you ask to be put on a bus going to the airport if you want to make that flight.

Thank you for that information.

I will be doing a P2P with a 2:20PM flight so the Bus that goes to at Airport will be best for me.