Latest cinema showings on Iona

bronzevernis

We're sailing to the Fjords on Iona in early September. Husband is very keen to go to the cinema onboard. Is there a way to find out the current showings? Has anyone who has been on Iona recently able to share what's been showing on board? 

Just now, ParisHilton said:

WE sail tomorrow, I'll pop over to the cinema and let you KKnow. I think the films change so I'll try to check daily.

Thank you! We've been holding off going to see Mission Impossible and Barbie in the hope that its showing in the cinema on Iona

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Maybe the film offerings are a bit different in school holidays to cater for more kids on board? It will be interesting to see if the films change during your cruise. It's a shame as none of those films appeal at all to us. The latest Indiana Jones would be good too, despite the terrible reviews! 

9 hours ago, bronzevernis said:

The latest Indiana Jones would be good too, despite the terrible reviews! 

No, it fully deserved the terrible reviews...

My experiences on Iona has been that the films shown tend to be around three to five months after the cinema release date, as demonstrated by the current showing - Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania was released to cinemas on the 16th February, Super Mario Bros was 5th April, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was 3rd May, and Book Club 2 was 12th May.

With Indiana Jones, Mission Impossible, and Barbie (which is surprisingly amusing) having cinema release dates of 28th June, 14th July, and 21st July, then I would expect the earliest they would be shown onboard to around October, if not November or December.

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 10:49 PM, bronzevernis said:

Thank you! We've been holding off going to see Mission Impossible and Barbie in the hope that its showing in the cinema on Iona

I honestly wouldn’t hold off on seeing something you want to see: the cinema isn’t that big and sometimes people get there very early (30 minutes before the screenings start it can be full), other times you can walk in as it’s starting and get seats. They do show things more than once, and several times a day, but still something that’s popular might prove difficult to get in to. 

Basically what I’m saying is go and see Barbie - it’s brilliant and probably better on a cinema big screen than on the ship. Plus, it’s really the sort of film you can watch more than once so you could could watch it on board if you get chance 😊

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

No, it fully deserved the terrible reviews...

My experiences on Iona has been that the films shown tend to be around three to five months after the cinema release date, as demonstrated by the current showing - Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania was released to cinemas on the 16th February, Super Mario Bros was 5th April, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was 3rd May, and Book Club 2 was 12th May.

With Indiana Jones, Mission Impossible, and Barbie (which is surprisingly amusing) having cinema release dates of 28th June, 14th July, and 21st July, then I would expect the earliest they would be shown onboard to around October, if not November or December.

I shall duly report back with the cinema listings when we're onboard 2-9th September!

• 3 weeks later...