Booking question

Anyislandwilldo

I don't see why you would 'lose' the existing booking! Just add another! You may want to consider adjoining cabins, if available. A good agent would be able to make suggestions for the best arrangements. 

Aligned with @BobbiSox you don't have to give up your current balcony - just add a 2nd cabin. If you call in to do it, they can likely help you locate one close by, or even adjoining, quicker than you can going through the site.

Safe travels  - enjoy your special girls cruise!

8 minutes ago, BobbiSox said:

I don't see why you would 'lose' the existing booking! Just add another! You may want to consider adjoining cabins, if available. A good agent would be able to make suggestions for the best arrangements. 

Thank you.  Unfortunately can't do adjoining cabins because the ship is almost sold out.  Daughter doesn't care where she is just as long as she can go.  

Honestly, the opposite (4 in a room) might not work for your cabin at all.  Most aren't set up that way. Book a second room. I'm confident Carnival will be happy to switch one of the three of you over there without any penalty. 

• Like 1

I am not sure you are getting correct advice. Typically (unless during the off-season), Carnival will not allow you to book two people in a 3-person cabin. So when you try to change your booking to reduce the number of people to 2, they will want to move you. You will likely have to find two 2-person cabins to book for the 4 of you. 

Unless you had your heart set on this particular cabin, it shouldn’t be an issue. But if the ship is almost sold out, you want to act fast!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, momin05 said:

I am not sure you are getting correct advice. Typically (unless during the off-season), Carnival will not allow you to book two people in a 3-person cabin. So when you try to change your booking to reduce the number of people to 2, they will want to move you. You will likely have to find two 2-person cabins to book for the 4 of you. 

Unless you had your heart set on this particular cabin, it shouldn’t be an issue. But if the ship is almost sold out, you want to act fast!

Part of that depends on how close to sailing they are and what the cabin counts looks like. But you certainly are correct.

• Like 2

I just booked 2 cabins for next November.  We are going to be in aft balcony cabins next to each other. The cabins look to be identical; however, one of the two required three passengers and they would not book it for two.  My PVP thought there were only two people booking as they failed to see my 3 year old granddaughter would be with me and my daughter so all was well.  

So, even if you are over a year out, if the balcony you have booked required 3 passengers, they may not allow you to keep it once you move one of your sisters in law to another cabin.  

• Like 1