Casual Dining With Premier Package

New2cruise2022

As ships begin to leave port this weekend when Princess is beginning the new casual dining, I’d love to hear from anyone sailing, particularly those with Plus and Premier packages. For non alcoholic drinkers, getting extended value out of the Premier package is difficult, particularly if the value isn’t captured in casual dining. Hence, the following questions will offer some clarity. 

1) What are the hours for the casual venues on your ship? (This may differ for port and sea days, but still — 11 am to 10 pm? Just one meal — lunch or dinner?)

2) How is the menu? (Bigger? Smaller? The same? Restrictive as to what is included?)

3) Are any of the casual dining menu items available and inclusive of price on OceanNow for delivery? (Ex: Can I order pizza from GiGis on the app and have it delivered to my room or elsewhere on the ship without an additional cost if I have Premier? Can I order a sushi roll from Ocean Terrace in the OceanNow and have it delivered to me without cost if I have Premier? Can I order a burger or fries that is clearly on the Gastropub menu and have it delivered for no cost if I have Premier?)

4) Are there any restrictions on uses per day if I have unlimited casual dining on Premier? Can I have Gigis for lunch at 11 am, a sushi roll at Ocean Terrace at 3 pm, and then a burger at Salty Dog Gastropub at 9:30 pm after the comedy show? These are just examples, but if the unlimited offers multiple prefix meals a day ($14.99/meal) and/or cancels out ala carte pricing (a sushi roll, a plate of fries, a pizza), capturing value across the week is much more doable. 

5) Wait times. This will change over the weeks as more people either buy the package or turn it down, but it’s interesting to know the initial wait times getting into these restaurants at lunch, dinner, in between, and late. 

Thanks for any input or insights and cruise well!

• 4 months later...

We are finding that ocean terrace is not open for much on port days , cutting the possible uses down greatly.  An opening time of 5pm is frustrating. Despite being premier they only allow us the fixed menu which seams wrong. 

alfredos works out much better but we vastly prefer sushi. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, beltsbear said:

We are finding that ocean terrace is not open for much on port days , cutting the possible uses down greatly.  An opening time of 5pm is frustrating. Despite being premier they only allow us the fixed menu which seams wrong. 

alfredos works out much better but we vastly prefer sushi. 

Thanks for your share. I’m very interested to test it and see how it goes.