Beds on the Century

villagespin

Hi there! I am a longtime lurker, finally posting for the first time.

I am going to be on the Century for the first time this month. I have disc problems in my lower back and cannot sleep on a soft, unsupportive bed. From what I have read, the mattresses on the ship are saggy and lumpy. Is there a way to request a firm mattress/a board under the bed/something supportive?

I booked directly through Celebrity and did not use a TA.

We are Vista Deck, Category 4, Ocean View.

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, I have not yet figured out how to edit my post. I was able to search and see that I should request a bedboard. Would anyone recommend calling in advance or should I ask for this when we check in at embarkation?

Thanks!

I have never gotten a bed board but I have used the egg crates and just requested it from my room steward. But I think a phone call in advance will help you make sure one is available.

Good luck I have traveled with a bad back and if it wasn't for the hot tubs and ice packs I would never have made it. I dd find out that being in the pool help too - unweighted the back so no strain was on the discs.

Francine

Since you booked directly with Celebrity, CALL THEM and explain you have a medical condition that requires a bedboard. I know they can and do provide them, but god knows what customer service will tell you. If someone tell you no, then thank them politely, hang up, and call again until you get an affirmative from someone. It's not too likely you will get the same rep again. Be sure sure to get the name and extension number of the person who gives you an answer. Make them accountable. You'll get your bedboard. :D;):D

Cheers~

Thank you everyone for your help. I called CS today and they said they would make the arrangements for the bed board for me. I will remember to ask my cabin attendant if it does not appear in my cabin.

Off to pack, can't wait to leave Sunday!

Archived