Sea Trekkin

enchic21

Has anyone done the Sea Trekkin at Coral World? Could you tell me the steps? How and when do they put the helmet on? What do you do after? Thanks! I have this booked and wondering if I'm going to chicken out at the last minute.

Don't worry, you'll have a blast. They give you a quick presentation of what to do. They have you put on some water socks and you start to go down a ladder that reaches to the bottom. When you get to the point where your head and shoulders are still above the water, they put the helmet on you. You go down the rungs slowly until you're at the bottom. A diver is there and makes sure everything is ok with your air and your ears. They have a little course that's mapped out by a chain that you can hold on to if you want. The diver will come by with any sea life that he finds. They will also take a picture of you for purchase later. I always stress this, but what you don't want to do is bend at the waist to look down because water will start coming in under the helmet. Not a big deal because once you straighten up, the pumped in air will push the water out, but it's a little unnerving the first time it happens. Just use your eyes to look down and around without moving your head all about. You don't need to be a good swimmer to do this and the helmet is very light under the water. Hope this helped.

Archived