Aurora R316 Sindhu & Beach House booking

thornegirl

I've just logged on to My P&O cruises to print off another luggage label and have noticed the dining booking for both Sindhu and the Beach House are available to book.  They have always been enquire onboard previously ,  The Glass House is still enquire onboard.  Lots of availability if anyone going on that cruise wanted to book now.  

I've booked a couple of dates as you get your Peninsular discount if you book prior to boarding.  

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, thornegirl said:

I've just logged on to My P&O cruises to print off another luggage label and have noticed the dining booking for both Sindhu and the Beach House are available to book.  They have always been enquire onboard previously ,  The Glass House is still enquire onboard.  Lots of availability if anyone going on that cruise wanted to book now.  

I've booked a couple of dates as you get your Peninsular discount if you book prior to boarding.  

I’m on R317 - just had email saying cannot book in advance ! - but I also see Sindhu is bookable - do you think they will honour the booking ? As you have paid upfront I assume it’s yes. Interesting.

Edited by paulatsea

4 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

I’m on R317 - just had email saying cannot book in advance ! - but I also see Sindhu is bookable - do you think they will honour the booking ? As you have paid upfront I assume it’s yes. Interesting.

Ive not had an email, but as the money has already gone out of my bank account I would think so.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

Ive not had an email, but as the money has already gone out of my bank account I would think so.  

I’ve Booked !! Thanks for the tip . Email confirmation and it’s on my bookings.

This will be our first time in sindhu - heard it’s good. 

Edited by paulatsea

2 minutes ago, cruzadict said:

How can they take payment for Sindhu.  Thought each item was priced individually.

Maybe just the booking fee ? How does it normally work - booking fee and individual dishes ? I though it was just a cover charge that was extra and menu was included ?

Edited by paulatsea

Be interesting to see if they do this for R318. 

Will probably be wanting to do Beach House at least one evening.  CP currently saying that if we can book pre-cruise there's a reduced cover charge which I wouldn't mind taking advantage of as we only Shareholder OBC on this one.

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

Read somewhere else that it used to be a cover charge only , then changed to individual items , then cover charge which is removed from menu cost ! 

Correct and not cheap. Couldn’t book any restaurants prior to boarding 313/4. Also used the app for glasshouse one night only to be told after waiting for an hour for it to tell us our table was ready that they use a waitlist now which overrides the app no prior warnings for this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mollag said:

Correct and not cheap. Couldn’t book any restaurants prior to boarding 313/4. Also used the app for glasshouse one night only to be told after waiting for an hour for it to tell us our table was ready that they use a waitlist now which overrides the app no prior warnings for this 

Very poor that there was no notification that they were operating a waitlist instead/overriding the "app".

Never tried Glasshouse, but giving it some serious thought for R318.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruzadict said:

We have just got off Aurora and couldn't book Sindhi prior to boarding but did it on app as soon as we boarded.  There was no cover charge, we just paid for the items we ordered.  Seems to change weekly 

Thanks - was it worth it ? Do you mind me asking how much you spent ?

Are the tables reasonably spaced for privacy (we will be a 2 if we make it !)

Edited by paulatsea

We have just returned from Aurora cruise and dined in The Beachhouse, Sindhu and Glasshouse.

We dine early so I think it was easier for us especially for the Glasshouse where it is basically first come, first served. We ate three times there as the food was so good.

Beachhouse and Sindhu, we booked on the 'app'. Got into both but they filled up as the cruise progressed. I did pop to the Beachhouse to confirm something about my booking to find that it wasn't on their system although it was clearly on my phone. The problem was soon sorted.

The food in all three was lovely! Booked again for 2 cruises next year!😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Onboard now, looking at my holiday app only 1 if the 4 bookings I’ve made is on there.  I’ve taken screenshots of my booking so will go down to reception after muster drill at 4pm. Not done one of those for years!  Had a lovely peninsular lunch with a couple of glasses of wine. In the crows nest having an elderflower fizz before we go to muster. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

Onboard now, looking at my holiday app only 1 if the 4 bookings I’ve made is on there.  I’ve taken screenshots of my booking so will go down to reception after muster drill at 4pm. Not done one of those for years!  Had a lovely peninsular lunch with a couple of glasses of wine. In the crows nest having an elderflower fizz before we go to muster. 

Have a lovely time on the very lovely Aurora…..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cruzadict said:

Have they brought back Muster drill today? Last week you just scanned your keycard in your muster station when you boarded.

Moley recently commented that they have to do a full muster periodically, in order to check that the crew know their drill.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

Shambles ! Good luck at reception - be very interested to hear what they say. 

57 minutes ago, cruzadict said:

Have they brought back Muster drill today? Last week you just scanned your keycard in your muster station when you boarded.

We were told when we boarded about it.  Asked one of the crew and he said they have to do a physical drill every 6 months and today was the day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2