Princess Customer Service

Dodger Blue

I am actually glad that it is not only me who is highly frustrated with their "service". We have planned a Transatlantic out of Southampton this November on the Sky after a very nice cruise on this ship in July 2022. This so-called service is so incredibly poor that I have no words. I am German so my English is far away from being perfect. But those people in their call centers are so much worse. I tried to get somebody on the phone in California. No chance. But the whole problem starts at the top of the company. I sent two long emails to Mr. Padgett regarding a personal thing and I have not even received a response. We are loyal Celebrity cruisers (30+ cruises) and whenever I had an issue that the regular agents couldn`t solve it really helped to get in touch with their CEO. They always took care of it. 

Not so with Princess. So, what else can you expect from the agents in the call center when the communication with the top level does not work? 

Well, we are really looking forward to the Transatlantic cruise but this will most certainly be our last trip with Princess. In fact, we thought about adding three more cruises with Princess while being in Florida. We will not be doing this. Instead we will spend the time on Royal and Celebrity.

Edited by german_navy
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, german_navy said:

I am actually glad that it is not only me who is highly frustrated with their "service". We have planned a Transatlantic out of Southampton this November on the Sky after a very nice cruise on this ship in July 2022. This so-called service is so incredibly poor that I have no words. I am German so my English is far away from being perfect. But those people in their call centers are so much worse. I tried to get somebody on the phone in California. No chance. But the whole problem starts at the top of the company. I sent two long emails to Mr. Padgett regarding a personal thing and I have not even received a response. We are loyal Celebrity cruisers (30+ cruises) and whenever I had an issue that the regular agents couldn`t solve it really helped to get in touch with their CEO. They always took care of it. 

Not so with Princess. So, what else can you expect from the agents in the call center when the communication with the top level does not work? 

Well, we are really looking forward to the Transatlantic cruise but this will most certainly be our last trip with Princess. In fact, we thought about adding three more cruises with Princess while being in Florida. We will not be doing this. Instead we will spend the time on Royal and Celebrity.

Your English is fantastic. 

I'm sorry Princess is not responding to you. 

• Like 1

I actually just emailed Mr. Padgett yesterday, expressing my frustration over an issue and I received a phone call within 2 hours from a Director that oversees the department I was emailing him about.  Got my issue resolved.

(I Was not satisfied with the answers I received from different customer service reps, so I went up the chain)

jpadgett@princesscruises.com

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jennmaybe said:

I actually just emailed Mr. Padgett yesterday, expressing my frustration over an issue and I received a phone call within 2 hours from a Director that oversees the department I was emailing him about.  Got my issue resolved.

(I Was not satisfied with the answers I received from different customer service reps, so I went up the chain)

Sometimes that's what you have to do; glad it resolved your issue. 

Is this a training thing? That is - did they lose their good or best people during Covid, and haven't been able to re-hire or re-train?

Or is it a cost-cutting thing? 

Long ago I read that a company's most valuable assets are its customers. If that's so, why do they outsource the servicing of them?

22 minutes ago, jennmaybe said:

This is the email address that I used as well. However, I was not as lucky as you. I understand that nobody calls me here in Germany but actually I expected at least some kind of response by email. 

1 hour ago, german_navy said:

This is the email address that I used as well. However, I was not as lucky as you. I understand that nobody calls me here in Germany but actually I expected at least some kind of response by email. 

It sounds like we will be cruising together on the Sky for the transatlantic. And...as far as I can see you have no issues with English...(at least for written English.)

Just now, jennmaybe said:

I think going forward EVERYONE should send their complaints to the above email address.  It's fine to discuss it here but maybe if the powers that be get enough emails they will rethink  the new customer service.   Mr Padgett you have been forwarned.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It sounds like we will be cruising together on the Sky for the transatlantic. And...as far as I can see you have no issues with English...(at least for written English.)

Looking forward to meeting you on the Sky! Maybe we have the time for a chat :-).

Sea days are long!

Edited by german_navy