Canape Trays anyone ???

airlink diva

There's so much FREE food available, I can't see ordering canape's. That's just me, though. :)

ALWAYS good to see someone as cheap as me out there! I'll bet you don't eat when you off the ship either do you? I come back from excursions around 2-3 and go get something from the snack bar to tide me over until dinner. I've never bought food onshore.:rolleyes:

ALWAYS good to see someone as cheap as me out there! I'll bet you don't eat when you off the ship either do you? I come back from excursions around 2-3 and go get something from the snack bar to tide me over until dinner. I've never bought food onshore.:rolleyes:

No, we eat off the ship while in ports. I like trying the local cuisine. Of course, we've only been to Mexico on our one cruise, so no big surprises there. The food we had was really good, though, and authentic.

Looking forward to trying some new things in a little over a week!! :D

Yes, I know what canapes are. :) I think you misunderstood my post. I was asking if the "whipped fish" description is what Carnival's canapes are made of. :)

You're right, I misunderstood your post. :) However, the information remains relevant for the other posters who are genuinely unfamiliar with canapes (and who are assuming that Carnival's sad interpretation is the universal definition!)

Right. I can make at least two dozen more types of canapes that sound much better than any of those Serene mentioned.:) And yes, the base is always some type bread or tiny pastry shell.

I wish you were in charge of the menu on my upcoming cruise!;)

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone ordered the canape trays with Carnival? I've ordered them with another line and they were excellent. Going on the Miracle in April.

I ordered them on our last cruise on the Legend - I would never order them again. Neither my husband or I liked them - we did eat a few and most we ended up throwing away.

How do you say it? :)

("you don't spell it son, you EAT it!"...name that movie!)

Long Duk Dong: Very clever dinner. Appetizing food fit neatly into interesting round pie.

Mike Baker: It's a quiche.

Long Duk Dong: How do you spell?

Grandpa Fred: Well you don't spell it, son, you eat it.

Mike Baker: What the hell are you bitchin' about? I gotta sleep under some Chinaman named after a duck's dork.

Archived