Visa For Estonia & Poland???

I was on a Baltic cruise this past summer, and we did go to Tallin, Estonia. No Visa is needed there.

We were on ship-arranged shore excursions in St. Petersburg, and did not need one there either.

Enjoy Tallin--a beautiful old city.

I was on a Baltic cruise this past summer, and we did go to Tallin, Estonia. No Visa is needed there.

We were on ship-arranged shore excursions in St. Petersburg, and did not need one there either.

Enjoy Tallin--a beautiful old city.

Ditto...we were on the Jewel of the Seas last summer and did not need a VISA for Tallinn, Estonia....

Just to clarify, you can arrange a tour with a private company, like DenRus or Red October, in St. Petersburg and still not need to get an individual visa. Its not just the cruise line sponsored tours - although the cruise lines try to lead you to that conclusion ;)

Enjoy Tallin!

American citzens do not need visas for Poland or Estonia. They do need one for Russia unless only traveling on cruiseline-arranged group excursions.

BobK/Orlando

Bob, the others pointed out that others can offer no-visa entry also but it sounds like you believed the letters sent out by your cruise line implying passengers could not get off unless they book with the ship.

In reality, only the crew can not get off without a visa and the ship can't offer any visa waiver for anyone unless the ship buys that service from the tour companies they are suggesting are not allowed to do exactly what the ship is asking them to do. I wonder if there are ANY honest cruise lines?

I visited the forum to find out the word on Star after reading that they say it is going to be fixed soon. I am not sure I would trust their press releases but I hope our Star is back in good shape again soon.

Archived