ABP Parking in Southampton

kenhem

I'm sailing on Silhouette soon from Southampton and wish to understand the parking process on arrival at the dock. Do I drop my luggage at the terminal first then park my car? Or do I park my car first? 

27 minutes ago, kenhem said:

I'm sailing on Silhouette soon from Southampton and wish to understand the parking process on arrival at the dock. Do I drop my luggage at the terminal first then park my car? Or do I park my car first? 

Depends a little on which parking area they are using that day, but usually there is a separate van circulating to collect luggage, so you park and then walk across to the terminal building.

We've used ABP Parking at Southampton port many times. On every occasion, once you have been directed to a parking space and start unloading your luggage, porters appear at your vehicle and take your cases from you and load them on to their van. The next time you see your cases will be in your stateroom. It's all very smooth and well-organised. Just remember to have your travel documents in your carry-on.

One word of warning - we are sailing on the Silhouette in September, and when I tried booking the parking some weeks ago the car park was completely full for that date, and even the waitlist was also totally full. So we're taking the train to Southampton - which will be a first for us. At least it will avoid any traffic congestion which can be very real on days when there are lots of ships in port. We've been delayed by nearly two hours in the past, owing to traffic congestion. Totally missed the concierge lunch!

When we used APB we were directed to a drop off lane next to the luggage "hole", as soon as we pulled the cases out of the car they were whisked away and we were directed to the car park. On our return we walked off with our luggage for a quick getaway, wheeled them to the car And were away very quickly