lunch suggestions

airlink diva

I'm going to the Caymans in May. I have an early tour and want to eat lunch prior to going back on the ship. I love counch and can anyone suggest somewhere to eat that's close to the pier? I ate at a place two years ago where alot of the locals where eating, but can't recall where.

Near the port...there's...

Breezes by the Bay-we loved this place. It's in a building that says "Landmark" on the top. Breezes has a balcony, which faces the port area. The food was good.

Hard Rock-It's just a block up the road (toward the right of the port area). The food was fine, but we preferred Breezes.

Rackhams Pub-It's a 5 minute or so walk (toward the left of the port), but it's right on the water and we also enjoyed it.

Paradise Restaurant-I think that's the name of the place. We didn't eat there, but it is right on the water, and just to the right of the port area. It's across from the (or near the) Hard Rock.

We had conch at Breezes, and Rackham's. I'm sure there are other places, and if locals eat there a lot, the ones I listed may not be what you are looking for, but I thought I'd list them for you.

Have a great time! :)

I have a book for a delivery service (from when we spent the week there). I know there are more things on the menu, but this is what they have listed. These are Cayman dollars, so you need to add 20% and I think they automatically added 15% tip on top.

Hard Rock Cafe

Santa Fe Spring Rolls- $8.95

Potato Skins-$8.95

Chicken Tenders-$9.95

Haystack Chicken Salad-$12.95

Onion Rings-$6.95

Twisted Mac & Cheese-$13.95

Blackened Chicken Pasta-$13.95

Jerk Chicken Sandwich-$9.50

BLT-$9.50

Chicken Club-$10.95

Cajun Chicken Sandwich-$10.95

Grilled chicken Fajitas-$18.95

Bacon Cheeseburger-$10.95

BBQ Ribs-$26.25

Grilled Chicken Breast-$13.95

I had posted this at an earlier date...so I just had to cut-and-paste for you. If you have any other questions, let me know. The other restaurants listed in the book aren't near the port area. Our favorite was Coconut Joe's, but it's a ways down the 7MB area (and would be hard to get to unless you had a rental car).

I don't think this is the entire Breezes menu, but I could be wrong. This was from the deliver service book. Just remember these prices are Cayman. It's 20% more for US dollars. I don't remember for sure if they added the tip on the ticket or not, so you might double check your bill. We loved the food, and the atmosphere. The balcony is also a place to take great photos of the port area. This makes me hungry...and want to return to GC!!!!!

The bar menu isn't listed, but I remember they offered the following...

Coconut Shrimp (without the rice & peas, shoestring veggies and cornbread-it was $9.95, I believe. With the above items is on the regular menu).

Three small cheeseburgers (I think this came with fries.)

Crab cakes

Chicken Fingers

And a few other things, but I don't remember exactly. The bar menu had smaller portions or fewer side items on the menu. More sandwich/snack type things.

Regular Menu

Mango Greens...$8.25

Big Caesar with bacon 'n' garlic toast...$8.25

Cayman style conch Fritters & spicy Island dipping sauce...$6.25

Half pound, Peel 'n' Eat Shrimp! steamed in "Breezes Brew"...$10.95

Crispy Calamari "Misto" with Cho Cho & Pumpkin...$8.25

Curried Caribbean Samosas with yogurt "Raita" (mild) & firecracker jelly (hot)for dipping....$7.95

Classic Caribbean Crab Cakes...$9.25

House smoked Caribbean BBQ Ribs...$8.25

Cayman Conch Chowder bread Bowl with Bacon Crumbles...$6.25

Fresh Mussels! Kettle-cooked, three kinda way! *Creamy white & White wine*

*Mild Marinara Red* or *Lemon, Saffron & Thyme*...$9.95

Whole Fish Escovitch-Caribbean Yellowtail snapper, Island-style...$16.95

Juicy Jerk Glazed Pork Chop with mango chutney & mash...$15.95 (my middle son had this twice, he said it was really good)

Traditional, delicious West Indian Curry Chicken & Shrimp (mild, Island style) served with white rice * a pappadom crisp!...$13.95

Breezes' Kettle-Cooked Tropical Seafood Stew!-our signature spicy hot, "Fish Tea" with plenty of fish, shellfish & and good things. Real Hot...$11.95

10 oz. grilled sirloin o' beef with jerk butter & mash...$16.95

Today's Still Floppin' Fish-grilled-tomato & sweet pepper sauce, rice & peas, and veggie...$15.75

Red Stripe Dinner Plate-jerk chicken & ribs, rice & peas...$13.95

Tuna Melt-fresh grilled tuna steak "BLT" sandwich with jalapeno jack cheese & slaw...$10.50

Grilled sirloin steak & cheese sandwich...$11.95

Jerk chicken sandwich on "freshly baked bread" with cheese & slaw...$8.95

Rasta Pasta Breezes' jerk chicken & island veggies with our creamy three-cheese sauce tossed with seashell pasta...$11.95

Coconut Shrimp with rum/honey dipping sauce, Island-style rice & peas, veggies, and cornbread....$13.75

Archived