How to know time to book transfers? Disembarking

travelblissed

Hey all!

My husband and I need to go from Civitavecchia port to a hotel in Central Rome.

I am thinking that a shared vehicle would be the best option with 2 large suitcases.

My question is: For me to book in the service, I have to select a time!

How can I know this? 

Love your guidance and advice. 

Edited by travelblissed
typo

The ship requests you're out of your room 8 to 8:30, but you still have time to go do breakfast and wait for the initial surge/crowd to start getting off.  I requested our car pickup for 9:30. Around 9:10 the car service notified me they were at the port, and I just headed on downstairs.  As we had priority disembarking I knew our bags would be ready for pickup downstairs.  Headed downstairs, grabbed our bags, and we were off. 

8 minutes ago, travelblissed said:

Thank you. So would you keep your luggage with you or leave it out the night before? Sorry newbie here 😬

As you're not rushing to get to the airport, I'd put the luggage out the night before.  It can be a real zoo trying to get elevator space or using the stairs.  

Also, keep an eye out for disembarking tags for your luggage.  Depending upon the color you get will determine (approximately) when you'll disembark if you don't have priority.  If you end up getting one of the later times, you can always contact your car service - just about all will communicate with you thru email or WhatsApp.

Edited by Girr
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Girr said:

The ship requests you're out of your room 8 to 8:30, but you still have time to go do breakfast and wait for the initial surge/crowd to start getting off.  I requested our car pickup for 9:30. Around 9:10 the car service notified me they were at the port, and I just headed on downstairs.  As we had priority disembarking I knew our bags would be ready for pickup downstairs.  Headed downstairs, grabbed our bags, and we were off. 

Thanks! How do you get priority? 

52 minutes ago, travelblissed said:

Thank you. So would you keep your luggage with you or leave it out the night before? Sorry newbie here 😬

I put my large suitcase outside the door before midnight the night before. If in Europe (or a longer cruise), I typically also have a small roller bag and tote bag/backpack. I keep those with me for my last night, early morning necessities. I can usually handle those myself down the stairs if the elevator is full and tuck them in a corner of the dining room while I have breakfast. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I put my large suitcase outside the door before midnight the night before. If in Europe (or a longer cruise), I typically also have a small roller bag and tote bag/backpack. I keep those with me for my last night, early morning necessities. I can usually handle those myself down the stairs if the elevator is full and tuck them in a corner of the dining room while I have breakfast. 

Which brings up another issue-make sure you don't pack up all your clothes when you put the luggage out the night before.  I've heard some really funny stories about people who forgot to leave out clothes for the next day and had to pick up luggage in a robe.  Also, keep out your passport and meds!

• Thanks 1