Vibe for January Caribbean cruise

DavidOrawan

5 minutes ago, DavidOrawan said:

For a cruise Jan 7 has anyone been on cruises this time of year and think Vibe passes are needed or is the H2O and pool decks not as crowded?

Only port hours (or storms) are likely to make H2O and pool decks less crowded.

2 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Only port hours (or storms) are likely to make H2O and pool decks less crowded.

Thanks, just trying to figure out if it's worth almost $700 for the 3 of us? Shouldn't be to many kids and a little cooler weather?

4 minutes ago, DavidOrawan said:

Thanks, just trying to figure out if it's worth almost $700 for the 3 of us? Shouldn't be to many kids and a little cooler weather?

With year-round, or, home schooling being so popular, as well as some schools not returning as early, plenty of families will still likely be able to take that cruise.

As for weather and "cooler" daytime temperatures, I think you might be very surprised.  Have you searched for average temps in the lesser Antilles in January?  January is during the peak tourist season (for exactly this reason). Here's one example:

Daytime high: 29°C / 84°F Nighttime low: 23°C / 73°F Hours of Sunshine 9 hours daily Rainfall Low (70mm) Relative Humidity Low (77%).
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DavidOrawan said:

Breakaway out of New Orleans Jan 7th western carribean 

Sorry for my mistaken posts.  I stupidly read your VIBE as Viva and was using the Viva's itinerary!

Leaving New Orleans could be hit or miss for certain!  On the first sea day, it typically warms up significantly, and the temperatures on the Western Itinerary can be significantly "warm".

However, we were on one January trip when the staff at Harvest Caye were bundled up with jackets because a front made it's way down that far south.

Edited by ggTexasGal
correction

2 hours ago, DavidOrawan said:

Yep, had Vibe on Escape last week April, was nice but have to see if it's worth the 700?

I have 12 passes reserved for our June 2024 extended family cruise on the Joy and will be paying for eight of them so I understand the big additional cost factor.  When I did my budget 18 months ago, I factored it in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

I have 12 passes reserved for our June 2024 extended family cruise on the Joy and will be paying for eight of them so I understand the big additional cost factor.  When I did my budget 18 months ago, I factored it in.

Yes, if it was a summer cruise I would have already got the passes too, just that my last cruise we did have Vibe but the bar outside Vibe, same bartenders was never really crowded and we really didn't have an issue finding seating nearby, but if I was going on same cruise again would definitely get it again or for any spring summer or fall carribean cruise

Edited by DavidOrawan