Turning platinum while on cruise

jayjay416

I'll be on the Breeze for a 4 day.  That will bring my VIFP points to 70.  Then just 12 days after I'll be going on an 8 day and that will bring my points into the platinum category.  My question is, in your recent experience, (post shutdown), will I be considered platinum on my 2nd cruise & be able to check-in 16 days prior & get the perks?  It would be so much easier to be able to check-in 16 days prior as I'll be able to check-in before I leave for the 4 day.  Otherwise, I'm hoping maybe one of the computers on board might take me through to the check-in process.   Thank You!

You will be considered Platinum for your entire  8 day cruise, BUT, Not until you complete your 4 day cruise . Therefore you won't be able to check in 16 days out. 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 2

Well, since you put it like that, that does make sense.  So, when I'm on first cruise, I'll have to find a way to check-in.  Guest Services or at the Computer Hub should do be able to help me with that.  Thanks again, sure appreciate it!

• Like 1

I just completed my 73rd day 5 weeks ago and have a cruise in 2 weeks.  Was checking as soon as we returned and did not receive credit for the cruise until 7 days after the end of the last cruise. Thier web site says can take up to a week to receive credit for previous cruise.

Hope you are a exception to the normal, it was nice getting A01 boarding group for the first time.

Thanks for your input.  I'll be sure to keep on it as soon as we get back. We're cutting it close.  I was looking forward to getting priority boarding, but that'll have to wait for next time.   As long as we're  able to enjoy the other perks when we get on board I'll be happy!🤞

On 8/26/2023 at 1:38 PM, weezal said:

you should be able to go on carnival website to check in, without purchasing internet plan.

Yes the computers have a free websites option and Carnival.com is one of the sites.  You can search the site just like at home and log in to your account and go to manage my bookings and check in for the next cruise.

• Like 1