Tender or Skip Key West..which would you prefer??

cmitch9999

Hi

this is just post to see what most Carnival passengers would want on their itinerary. The Imagination and some Fascintation sailings from June-Nov will be skipping the port of Key West due to construction at the outer mole pier. They have the option to tender passengers in. Have done it on at least 1 Fascination cruise (5/24) If it was your cruise would you want to tender into Key West to keep that port on your itinerary?? or will you be ok with an extended 5 hrs in Cozumel as the alternative. I am hoping the majority of passengers will prefer tendering to missing the port...we need to get our voice heard so maybe Carnival can make the change BACK to Key West. Carnival claims the passengers were unhappy with tendering...that is why they made the switch to skip Key West.

Thanks

Chris Mitchell

16 Voyages completed 1999-2004, 81 wonderful days at sea

dreaming of ....

Norwegian Crown 8/04

Carnival Fascination 11/04

Skip it. Key West is a *great* place, but as a cruise port of call it's pretty useless, and having to tender in doesn't help in the least. I'd take the extra five hours in Coz in a heartbeat.

demon2.gif

namelogo.png

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Carnival Valor 10/30/05 CC Group

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

Edited for fat-fingering. icon_rolleyes.gif

[This message was edited by tef43 on 06-07-04 at 09:20 AM.]

I agree with tef43. Key West can be a fun place to visit but I can't imagine it as a Port of Call. You'd spend all your time tendering back and forth from the ship and have very little time to experience the real KW. I'd much rather spend extra gime in Cozumel.

dolph.gif

Carnival Pride 5/4/02

Carnival Conquest 1/19/03

Carnival Legend 1/16/04

Carnival Destiny 10/24/04

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

florida_fl_md_wht.gif

Our sailing date will be affected 7/19, on the Fascination. If it were just my DH and I, skipping it would be best. We are taking our kids for the first time, and thought that 2 stops as opposed to 1 would break up the week. We personally love Cozumel, but with 4 kids the 5 hours we gain, will be no big deal. I doubt we will get 4 kids off the ship at 7, so the 11:00 original time we docked will be the same. I know kids will love cruising that day we should have docked, but we did want to hit Hogs Breath, and a few "key" places. What can you do, a cruise is still a cruise!

Add a couple more hours at Key West(I know that's prob. impossible) and tender!

We chose Imagination b/c of the two ports...we have never been to Key West so we would like to judge for ourselves whether it is a waste.

We could have gone on Sensation out of Tampa which is closer for driving or typically cheaper for us airline wise and just went to Cozumel. But we chose Imagination specifically for the two ports and now that purpose is defeated.

I'm not going to spend 15 hours off the ship in Cozumel.

HM on Inspiration 3/9/03

Sovereign of the Seas 8/17/03 (Just Mom and I)

Imagination 6/17/04 (w/ the Inlaws!)

I do not think Key West is a "useless" port of call, if I had thought that I would not have chosen the itinerary that I did. That is why itinerary choices are offered.

As I chose my cruise in order to see Key West, I am very disappointed in Carnival for cancelling. And for not providing notice - without this board I would not have known.

Adding a few extra hours at a second port does not make up for skipping one entirely, especially when the cruise is made up of only two ports.

I would much prefer to tender and still see Key West.

Ally

Imagination....July 29, 2004

Brilliance of the Seas....June 2003

I was bummed at first about not going to KW on the Fascination on 6/21 but my DH really loved Cozumel the first time we went and I think he will be ok not going to KW and spending extra time in Cozumel.

Ecstasy 6/00

5 year Anniversary

Fantasy 10/01

DM 50th Birthday and

My 31st Birthday

DH 40th Birthday Surprise on the Fascination 6/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;6;21;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

DEFINITELY SKIP and take the extra time in Cozumel... I have always wondered why Cruise lines offered Key West... I'm sure some people love it, but it is way too over-rated IMO. Cozumel offered more culture, and beautiful places...

animated+angel+and+devil.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;07;03;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Since our First Cruise on the Sensation 7/3/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Sensational Cruise from the Bayou!

See our cruise pics at: http://groups.msn.com/thesensationgroup/chrisandchrispictures.msnw?Page=1

TENTER TO KEY WEST WOULD BE MY CHOICE

But Carnival will save more of OUR money by skipping.

I have been to Key West 2 times and was looking forward to sharing the Keys with 6 of my friends

but as one of my friends told me "We will just have to go back".

And of course it will be on Royal Caribbean as they have become my favorite line.

I have a Back to Back sailing on The Navigator to Western & Eastern Caribbean in October.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived