Travel Insurance

shot2bits

Hi, we are insured through our Barclays account with Aviva. Does anyone know what P&O will want to see regarding the insurance document? The document runs to 68 pages! Have any of you had experience of producing a Barclays insurance policy at check in? Sorry if this question is a bit vague!

cheers, Ron 

1 hour ago, lindyloo22 said:

I have never been asked to see insurance, but I print off the pages that show our names, name of insurer, amount your insured for and when policy starts and ends.

Last year I was asked to show my insurance with cruise cover & covid cover highlighted, but haven't been asked recently.

I print the main summary with my details, plus the numbers & details on how to claim, and I keep a copy on my phone. 

6 hours ago, shot2bits said:

Hi, we are insured through our Barclays account with Aviva. Does anyone know what P&O will want to see regarding the insurance document? T

I have never been asked to produce anything, but if Aviva through Barclays is the same as the Aviva travel insurance that you get with HSBC Premier accounts, then they have a website (or possibly a phone number) where you can request proof of insurance and they will email you a simple letter saying that X and Y and whoever else is travelling are insured on this date.

I usually take a printed copy of that to show anyone if they asked, and if they want the details then I have a PDF of the policy document (and summary) on my phone, iPad, and in the cloud if anyone really wanted a printed copy.

4 hours ago, lindyloo22 said:

I have never been asked to see insurance, but I print off the pages that show our names, name of insurer, amount your insured for and when policy starts and ends.

Same here, but I download the full documents onto my smart phone. If the check in Lady can find them, She can keep them.

Just a bit of extra info: Mrs S2B read some horror stories on FB about people having hassle at boarding, so I decided to take no chances. I am with Barclays and Aviva supply the travel insurance. I phoned them but got stuck in a loop, press 1, press 2 which takes you back to the main menu. Anyway, a visit to the website and I now have the full policy document, also proof of specific cruise insurance and specific Covid cover. Flushed with success, I then went on the NHS website and downloaded our proof of vaccination records. All on my phone and hard copy just in case. I have checked in on line and received the coach travel tickets and luggage labels. If I had some ducks, they would all be in a line. Looking forward to sailing on the 22nd.

Ron

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2023 at 10:31 AM, shot2bits said:

Hi, we are insured through our Barclays account with Aviva. Does anyone know what P&O will want to see regarding the insurance document? The document runs to 68 pages! Have any of you had experience of producing a Barclays insurance policy at check in? Sorry if this question is a bit vague!

cheers, Ron 

HSBC also use Aviva and they provide a letter of confirmation of insurance. You used to contact the Aviva corporate website but now I think you go in through your bank’s online portal and follow travel insurance options. I take the letter and have a copy of the whole policy as a pdf on my phone.