Carnival and W. Caribbean dishes...menu help?!

MamaParrotHead

So...since we booked our cruise so darn far out (408 days and counting, LOL!) I thought it would be fun to keep the enthusiasm up (with our cruising buddies) by having Caribbean dinner parties every so often. The thread about rum cakes got the ball rolling...and I do have a great recipe for Caribbean Jerk Chicken. Is there anything else that is a Carnival favorite (recipes would be GREAT!) or something unique you've had in either Cozumel, Grand Cayman (I think we'll pass on anything containing turtle, thanks :o ) or Ocho Rios? Thanks!

something unique you've had in either Cozumel, Grand Cayman (I think we'll pass on anything containing turtle, thanks :o ) or Ocho Rios? Thanks!

How about making Dirty Banana's. I know that I recently posted the recipe that is used in a lot of place in Jamaica.

Well, I have a great little cookbook "Cooking the Caribbean Way" that I've used for years. Has some great stuff in it. However, I don't think Cruise Critic wants us to post a lot of recipes....so I'm wondering if it would be ok to post a few at the "Foodie" forum?

Maybe a host will see this and give me an answer?

Well, we had some genuine picante sauce in Panchos's Backyard in Cozumel, you could try making some scratch. Very fresh tasting. My sister has started making her own shrimp and chicken wraps

There are so many things you can do... I make a jerk chicken pasta that always reminds me of the caribbean (modified version of what you can get at Bahama Breeze)... also, while you may not find it everywhere in the caribbean, it reminds me of the caribbean, Coconut Shrimp... very easy to make. Of course you have to have fried plantains!!!! A good place to get some ideas and recipes would be: http://www.gracefoods.com/site/recipe.htm

I have used some of their spices, and found a slew of recipes on their site...

Archived