Lee is going to be a challenge for the next two sailings (9/9 & 9/10) as well as (9/16 & 9/17)

Bead Pirate

1 minute ago, Parallel40 said:

We’re supposed to sailing out of NYC on the 16, same itinerary, another cruise line

A recommendation- if you are following a facebook page for your cruise, I would recommend also following the group for the cruise directly before yours. I noticed once people are onboard the ship, the rollcall on these forums tends to get abandoned, but the FB page stays very active during weather events. I've followed the group page for the Sept 10th-16th sailing and am able to see them mentioning flight and excursion cancelations, etc. I'm sure there will also be lots of chatter throughout the cruise, particularly if there will be a delay coming back. 

I was on the Carnival Sunshine sailing that got clobbered by a storm a few months ago and was all over the news. the FB group was invaluable for sharing information in the moment, and a ton of people that were waiting for us to get back so they could board also joined our group and everyone was sharing information back and forth.

• Like 1

I'm leaving on 9/16 to New England & Canada out of Brooklyn. If Lee is going to affect that area, I'd rather they cancel the cruise than have us on rough sea days. There are two tender ports that I'm sure will be canceled. I signed up for this trip because of the ports so missing them would be a major bummer.

• Like 1

We're sailing out of NYC on Sat the 16th, supposed to go north to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. With current models, I'm assuming we'll be heading south instead. We personally would rather sail towards the sun and not deal with rainy cloudy windy weather. So I'm actually hoping for a reroute. Nova Scotia is currently expecting a head on hit, altho it may be more stormy mess by then, rather than hurricane. Time will tell.

• Like 2