A change, sort of, in Diamond benefits

Patria21

I apologize if this news has been shared before but this notice today on the Elizabeth is the first I’ve seen of a change in the Diamond lunch/dinner benefits.  Luckily it’s not as bad as Cunard’s odd explanation might make it look on first read. 

Here’s the new policy:

We are delighted to invite you to a complimentary lunch at The Verandah Steakhouse to the value of $20 per person. Alternatively, you may prefer to have dinner in the Verandah where a supplement of $20 per person will apply. Or dinner in the Lido Alternative dining located on deck 9.”

Lunch in the Verandah is now $30. Dinner is $50. Dinner in the Lido Alternative is still $25. 

When I read that my “complimentary” lunch had a “value of $20 per person,” I assumed that meant the lunch would now cost me $10. But the World Club Representatives said the $20 value was only a matter of internal accounting and lunch would still be free. (If it’s only for their internal purposes you might wonder why they’re telling us, but never mind.) So effectively the voucher is worth $30 in the Verandah, since the $50 dinner comes with a $20 charge. And it’s worth $25 in the Lido because apparently that is still a free alternative. 

At least that’s what I was told. I’ll let you know how it turns out in practice. 

• Like 1

Cunard’s internal accounting was also confusing in how we used our US Grills Drinks package promo vs OBC. They take the price of the included drinks covered by the Grills package off OBC first then re-credit OBC back via the Drinks package. This process involves an overnight reset. 
Result… I never knew how much exact OBC I had left from day-to-day. 
Solution…Passengers shouldn’t have to see how the internal accounting sausage is made!

• Like 3

I love sailing with Cunard, but goodness from the website to the ships they are not the best when it comes to communication. There was a letter explaining the internet charges on the world cruise that had to be corrected twice - and was still wrong. 

• Like 2