Question about electrical capacity for blo-driers on EOS

I have read that the blo-driers supplied on board aren' very good, and I would like to bring my own. It is 1800 watts, the type that hairdressers use. Is there any problem using this type of appliance on the ship?

Many thanks.

Alisa

Not a problem. I think the blow dryers are fine, I have thick yet short hair and I don't blow dry my hair on hot anyway....

Many people do not like the dryers, so bring your own if you have long thick hair. For me it is just one less thing to carry.

Happy crusing.

Thanks for the reply. My hair is pretty long and thick, and without a really powerful blodrier takes forever to dry.

I was concerned that the 1800 watts would be beyond the electrical capacity and would blow a circuit breaker (or the ship equivalent! :p )

I just took my 1800 watt blow dryer (and diffuser) on the AOS in January - no issues at all.

I must warn you..........I didn't have a single good hair day the whole cruise! :o I have bangs and normally wear them straight.........for 7 days after hours of blow drying them straight, they managed to curl up. How frustrating is THAT? LOL :eek:

Travel irons are prohibited because of the fire hazard. I, too, bring my own blow dryer and never have a problem.
And multiple posters have said that the fire hazard caused by them is from overloading the electrical system.

Archived