Princess Excursions and Oktoberfest European Capitals

Blue and Green

This cruise is at the top of our list, but Mr. Blue uses a folding manual wheelchair for distances. All of the excursions to Berlin from Hamburg include a train ride that says it is not wheelchair accessible. Does this mean we cannot fold the wheelchair and bring it on the train? Mr. Blue can walk the steps to get on a train and to his seat. Everything else on the tour says it is wheelchair accessible (looking at a coach ride for city highlights followed by time on our own before returning to Hamburg). Has anyone taken the Princess chartered train from Hamburg to Berlin? Is it possible to carry on a folded wheelchair?

This is not our first European cruise, and we have traveled (and managed well) with the wheelchair even during "Moderate Activity" walking tours.

Princess is not offering any "Wheelchair Accessible" tours for this port that I can see.

I ride German trains all the time, and if he can board by himself, it will be allowed to take a folding wheelchair. 

You realize that Oktoberfest only takes place in Munich, right?  Anything else is only a reflection.        

Edited by mrmarklin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrmarklin said:

I ride German trains all the time, and if he can board by himself, it will be allowed to take a folding wheelchair. 

You realize that Oktoberfest only takes place in Munich, right?  Anything else is only a reflection.        

Thank you for your response. I was hoping someone could confirm that we can carry on his folded wheelchair and store it while on the train. 

Oktoberfest European Capitals is just the name Princess assigned to the cruise. We don't expect to attend Oktoberfest. We are pleased with this cruise itinerary though!

6 hours ago, Blue and Green said:

Thank you for your response. I was hoping someone could confirm that we can carry on his folded wheelchair and store it while on the train. 

Oktoberfest European Capitals is just the name Princess assigned to the cruise. We don't expect to attend Oktoberfest. We are pleased with this cruise itinerary though!

We did this cruise in 2022.  One of our most favorite cruises...and the tour to Berlin is right up there in the top 5 overall.  If you can self-carry the wheelchair up the train steps and if he can climb the steps (perhaps with just a tad of assistance) there should be no reason you couldn't do this tour.  That statement is meant *solely* for people who are totally confined to a chair and cannot navigate any type of steps.  I cannot recall any spots on the tour that would be an issue...of course there's a LOT of bus travel, so there would be many ins and outs for the bus.

• Like 1