Dolphins in Nassau

Diane65

We've been thinking about the dolphin encounter when we get to Nassau since my son loves dolphins so much, but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much (there are five of us) if the kids won't like it. I'm not sure if my 6 and 9 year olds will be afraid to get in the water with them. Does anyone know if you can observie the encounter or swim for a while before you pay to do it. I mean will we see plenty of dolphins just being at the beach?

Thanks

I just posted a review of sorts about my Dolphin Encounter experience on the 5/23 Miracle sailing. It's under the thread titled Miracle-Help! I won't repeat it here because it is so long.

But, I did notice a family that talked w/a Dolphin Encounter person about your same situation. There son really wanted to go, but neither she nor her husband was really crazy about it. Because of his age (think he was 9 or 10), they did require one parent to be in the water w/him but the other parent was able to go to an observation only area. I think they quoted her $20 for the observation. Now, the thing is that Carnival does not offer the observation option. It turned out that the excursion was sold out but the family showed up at the tour meeting area and talked directly w/someone from Dolphin Encounter who explained it all to them and allowed them to purchase the excursion right then and there. If this is what you want to do, you might want to book direclty w/Dolphin Encounters.

Hope this is helpful.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

5/23 Miracle Cruise

I've been on the Dolhpin Encounter when we were on the Glory May first.

It was great. My husband and other family relatives did not do the excursion but he could tag along. He only had to pay $ 20,- for the boat trip. And could see everything from a little distance.

I don't think your kids going to be scared because the people at the dolphin encounter and the dolphins are great with kids. Our nephew of 9 years old was a bit scared at first but relaxed after just a few minutes.

It was also reassuring that he could see his mom watching him from a little distance and they could talk to each other also.

We had great luck that day because the "dolphin Swim" wasn't fully booked. So with an extra payment we (our nephew, cousin and me) could participate in the dolphin swim, and be back in time at the boat!!!

Dolphin encounter is great but the dolphin swim was fantastic!!!!

IMG_8410.jpg

Hope to have informed you!

Petra

Glory May first

Joan,

So funny, it really is a small world. I grew up

in Westminster not far from the high school and moved to Hampstead when my husband and I got married and bought a house.

Enjoy your cruise, please post your thoughts if you do decide on doing the Dolphin Encounter!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

5/23 Miracle Cruise

Archived