Explorer lauderette question

Tsunami74

Any recent Explorer cruisers: are there still lauderettes available?

I just read a review from someone on a recent Explorer cruise that said that the lauderette on his deck was removed. (Did not indicate which deck)

I prefer to do my own laundry. 

Although our upcoming cruise is on Splendor, when we booked the agent told us the laundrettes are open but getting very little use due to the included laundry service.

Our last Regent cruise was on Explorer pre-covid and pre included laundry and it was not always easy to use them when it was convenient for us.

9 hours ago, Tsunami74 said:

I just read a review from someone on a recent Explorer cruise that said that the lauderette on his deck was removed. (Did not indicate which deck)

They did not remove all the launderettes, but on the decks where there used to be two, there are now only one. I think this is a permanent change in that they modified the signage at the elevators. I see they also now modified the pdf deck plans ... but they forgot to modify it here ...

8top.thumb.jpg.9a07612c0ca4331cc8bd494d5355e393.jpg

8bottom.thumb.jpg.956daafcfa4da8debed6b15090adff8e.jpg

On deck 8, the forward one still exists, but the aft one is gone. I'm not sure if the same is true on Decks 7 and 9 - I think perhaps they did that the opposite way, aft retained, forward removed.

That said, the included laundry is a great benefit. But there are still a lot of reasons to use the launderettes.

57 minutes ago, Big Vin said:

On deck 8, the forward one still exists, but the aft one is gone. I'm not sure if the same is true on Decks 7 and 9 - I think perhaps they did that the opposite way, aft retained, forward removed.

Thanks  Good to know that there is at least one available on the decks that we usually are booked on.

• Like 1