Aft Cabin on Epic

Grammymongi

Looking for advice about the Aft cabins on the Epic. We stayed in an aft cabin on our last cruise in May on the Getaway and loved it, it was so nice to have a lounger. I am not sure how big the balconies are on the Epic as the back of the ship seems to look flat. Can you see all around you or just straight out? We currently have a large balcony cabin booked for our next cruise on the Epic and my Norwegian cruise consultant said it was 81 sq ft. which is probably as big as the one we had on the Getaway I am guessing. Does anyone know how large the Epic aft balconies are? There seem to be a lot of open ones still for the cruise I booked which makes me suspicious because those usually go first. Thank you!!

3 hours ago, Grammymongi said:

Looking for advice about the Aft cabins on the Epic. We stayed in an aft cabin on our last cruise in May on the Getaway and loved it, it was so nice to have a lounger. I am not sure how big the balconies are on the Epic as the back of the ship seems to look flat. Can you see all around you or just straight out? We currently have a large balcony cabin booked for our next cruise on the Epic and my Norwegian cruise consultant said it was 81 sq ft. which is probably as big as the one we had on the Getaway I am guessing. Does anyone know how large the Epic aft balconies are? There seem to be a lot of open ones still for the cruise I booked which makes me suspicious because those usually go first. Thank you!!

We stayed in 12310... a standard balcony size.

DSC_0446.JPG

I find an aft balcony cabin to be the best choice on any ship.  Super quiet, lovely sound from the water while underway, just seems quite private.  Some ships have 'wrap-around' balconies in the corners.  But Epic does look 'chopped off' at the stern (what were they thinking?) so the balconies are probably all the same size.  Still, it's worth it to be able to see at least 180 degrees 24/7.  If things are looking interesting off to the side, just step right up to the balcony rail and have a look!

• Like 1