Getting India Visa

Moophasa

Can anyone give me advice on how, when and where to apply for an India Visa?. We are Canadian. We are sailing in October for the 73 -day South America/ Antarctica cruise. We will not be home till December 19th. Can we apply on line for the Visa for India now? If not, will we have enough time when we return mid December to get the visa?

• 1 month later...

We are also having problems with this, we are from PEI.  We are seriously considering canceling the world cruise as we are not being given any guidance from the Cruise line regarding visas the agency that they suggest only does visas for Americans not Canadians. Since the cruise line can refuse us boarding if we don't have the correct visas and if they do we do not get a refund of our money it makes us unsure of weather to proceed with the trip, we can not afford to lose that kind of money.

2 hours ago, ivybowley said:

We are also having problems with this, we are from PEI.  We are seriously considering canceling the world cruise as we are not being given any guidance from the Cruise line regarding visas the agency that they suggest only does visas for Americans not Canadians. Since the cruise line can refuse us boarding if we don't have the correct visas and if they do we do not get a refund of our money it makes us unsure of weather to proceed with the trip, we can not afford to lose that kind of money.

As of now we received an e-mail from HAL stating that Canadians do not need a visa for India because they are not issuing them to us.  We can stay on the ship, if things change you will be able to apply online for the evisa which will only take a few days.  Same with Sri Lanka.  As for China if you do ship excursions or with an approved travel agency excursions in China you do not need a visa.  Brazil is also an evisa however their website to apply is not up yet.  You can do all of these yourself online, may take a little work but very doable.  Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Now that India has opened the door for Canadians to get visas I am a little confused. I was hoping that I could stay on board because I have no desire to get off in India. I phoned HAL Yesterday an she advised me to get the visas and avoid the possibility of being denied boarding. The time period for Visa is brings us March 31 to April 1 so we would have to get the 1 year visa. Oh well will get it because better safe than sorry......That ruins my plan of having a Canadian get together as we would have all been on board. I will pick another date.