Luggage at pier

espmass

I have only cruised on Celebrity out of San Juan so I don't know if Princess does the same thing. Can the luggage be dropped off at the ship earlier in the morning before boarding time? We'd like to drop the luggage and go into Old San Juan. If we give it to a porter, will it be taken onto the ship and held or do we actually have to board and check in and then get off? If it can be dropped off, how early can we do it? Thanks.

Usually, the luggage is dropped off BEFORE you check in. You probably can't leave your luggage until the ship has been emptied of passengers and luggage from the previous cruise.

By all means, tip the people who load the luggage.

I see no reason you can't leave and come back later to check in.

Roberta

Usually, the luggage is dropped off BEFORE you check in. You probably can't leave your luggage until the ship has been emptied of passengers and luggage from the previous cruise. By all means, tip the people who load the luggage. I see no reason you can't leave and come back later to check in. Roberta

I see no reason why you couldn't. Just make sure they are accepting luggage, at first thing in the morning I as sure they are working with the disembarking folks.

I has been a long time since I have boarded in San Juan, but the other thing to remember is you will be coming through port security twice. The second time they will probably or may want to see your tickets each time. Recommend you take them with you.

What a bummer if your bags get to cruise but you don't :eek:

Yes you can leave luggage early...They had a cart set aside for leaving luggage ...you see all the cruisers disembarking giving you the "evil eye" as they pick up their luggage. We were there at 10 AM and they took our luggage while we went off.

Later after checking in, grabbing a bite in Horizon Court we decided to go back into Old San Juan...to get off ship all you needed was cruise card of course and photo id..passport, license etc. That was all. And when you came back you got to by-pass all lines.

Leaving late from San Juan was like another port day and the "Golden" left right from Old San Juan...a terrific location.

Yes you can leave luggage early...They had a cart set aside for leaving luggage ...you see all the cruisers disembarking giving you the "evil eye" as they pick up their luggage. We were there at 10 AM and they took our luggage while we went off.

Later after checking in, grabbing a bite in Horizon Court we decided to go back into Old San Juan...to get off ship all you needed was cruise card of course and photo id..passport, license etc. That was all. And when you came back you got to by-pass all lines.

Leaving late from San Juan was like another port day and the "Golden" left right from Old San Juan...a terrific location.

I understood the OPs question centered on the fact they were dropping off their bags within checking in. So when re-entering the port they would not have their cruise card. If that is true, I would think they would need their tickets to re-enter the second time to check-in and board. In your case where you checked in and boarded, then the cruise card would all you would need to re-enter the port.

San Juan is set up differently... the carts for your luggage are right up front...practically on the sidewalk. We pulled up in taxi and they took them right away ( after a tip)...it was too early to check in so we went off. Later we checked in...our luggage was long gone on a cart into the ship. No one asked to see our tickets til we entered the port building.

Later after checking in they asked to see cruise card and photo ID...hope this clarifies it for all!

Archived