Tell me about the romance package

I read the description of the $250 romance package. I know you get champagne, robes, etc. Can you tell me what kind of hor'deourves and sweets you get? How are the flowers? Are they a nice arrangement or just a few buds in a vase? Are the robes good quality and are they lighweight or heavy, long or short? I am trying to decide whether to preorder this or just order a few things once on board and forget about the robes. Thanks.

My DH surprised me with the Grand Romance package for our first cruise 2 years ago. The flowers were a very beautiful arrangement. More than just a few buds in a vase. I hated to leave them at the end of our 7 night cruise but had long flights to take and didn't want to attempt to take them home. Our robes were a cotton/polyester blend - a waffle-type material - one size fits all. It was rather large for me. I guess you could call them long. I'm 5"4" and it came down to my ankles.

I don't remember exactly what the canapes consisted of. They were pretty fancy and not much to my liking. My DH enjoyed them though. The petit fours were very good and I do remember having quite a few chocolate-covered strawberries.

On our last two cruises my DH purchased the Classic Romance package which was more reasonable. Obviously we didn't need more robes. Actually it looks like you're paying $150 for the robes, flowers, and an extra night of canapes and petit fours. Personally, I'd go for the cheaper one and use the money for other things such as eating at Chops which we really enjoy. Hope this helps!

I surprised my dh with the classic package on our November cruise and we really enjoyed it. It was lovely to be greeted with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon embarkation. I think it was totally worth it. I thought $250 was a little much, but $100 was a nice splurge. Also, just note that the flowers must be left on the ship. Customs will not allow them to be brought into the US.

The canapes were pretty good. There was one with caviar and one with smoked salmon. Can't remember what else. Have a great cruise.

Archived