Vista thermal suite

wwwcruisers

Well I had thermal spa passes on the Dream for an 8 night sailing and absolutely loved it! We went twice a day every day.

Earlier this month we had a spa cabin on Celebration so had access to the thermal suites and was quite disappointed, only went twice the whole cruise. It was nothing like the thermal suite on the Dream. I originally thought all ships had the same set up but that's not so.

I believe the Vista has the thermal suite similar to the Celebration. So if it's your first time going to the thermal suites you would have nothing to compare it to and it might be to your liking.

3 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I believe the Vista has the thermal suite similar to the Celebration

The Vista class spa is quite different than the new Excel class. I’ve been to both on several ships, and the former is better. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Well I had thermal spa passes on the Dream for an 8 night sailing and absolutely loved it! We went twice a day every day.

Earlier this month we had a spa cabin on Celebration so had access to the thermal suites and was quite disappointed, only went twice the whole cruise. It was nothing like the thermal suite on the Dream. I originally thought all ships had the same set up but that's not so.

I believe the Vista has the thermal suite similar to the Celebration. So if it's your first time going to the thermal suites you would have nothing to compare it to and it might be to your liking.

I agree with your assessment! I have done the thermal suite on the Splendor and the Vista a couple of times, and on other lines. The main thing I didn't care for on the Vista was that the thermal tub (for lack of a better word) was right in the middle of the heated ceramic loungers, so it didn't really lend itself to a peaceful calming experience. People like to talk when they're in the tub, and if you're trying to relax on the lounger it can be distracting.

I much preferred the thermal suite on the Splendor, as the areas were separate, and made for a much more relaxing experience. Although as you said, if you had nothing to compare it to, you wouldn't know.

14 hours ago, weezal said:

The Vista class spa is quite different than the new Excel class. I’ve been to both on several ships, and the former is better. 

I didn't know so looked it up and you are right, it is better on the Vista than the Celebration, it has windows which I like.

But still only has the small therapy pool with the heated loungers all in one space which I don't like.

Dream/Magic/Breeze class is where it's at 100% for Carnival ships. Vista class is a joke in comparison.

A few pics to give you an idea:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/deckbydeck.php?ship=Carnival-Vista&deck=12

Youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uqlt0e-wgg

I did a breakdown of all cruise lines not too long ago:

As far as you're question "is it worth it?" - I will say we had said to ourselves "never again" on vista class and then we had enough OBC to cover it and the wife said "do it" so we will be on Horizon Havana and have spa on the other end of the ship. Idk why she wanted to bother, but we are doing it again even though we said we wouldn't.

Edited by five.