OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE SEPT 24, 2023

morpheusofthesea

1 hour ago, blueslily said:

Thanks for sharing. How much are they charging?

Too late to find out. The excursion kiosks are closed this last sea day. Did not get an excursion brochure in the cabin this cruise. Heard there are no back scene admittances to the bridge nor the engine room. YC Director said he has never been to either and no reason as he is hotel operations.

Noticed having the best waiter in the YC means getting slow service any time any officers decide to take a meal in the YC restaurant.  The Maitre 'd pulls his best to cater to the officers and ours always disappears and always comes back to our table with his apologies for taking so long with our meal when they are present. Usually the officers (Captain) has the table out of sight around the corner to the right when entering the YC Restaurant. But this time the Captain was not present so these officers were tucked into a corner table within view so we saw Raymond taking their orders.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

28 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"But this time the Captain was not present so these officers were tucked into a corner table within view so we saw Raymond taking their orders."

That sould come as no surprise, because...

Everybody loves Raymond.

🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, psmarkle said:

Wow, that towel in the pic looks just like some of the towels in my linen closet! (I'm such a bad person!)😁

I too have had a couple of those same towels accidentally end up in my luggage. 😆

This clip is 26 seconds of the surf and sand with a swath of pebbles and seaweed on the only worst beach on Ocean Cay (YC beach).

I guess not too many YCers actually go into the surf anyway.

Do you know the best time of year to even go into the surf?

March to August is sea lice/ jellyfish season.

May to October is seaweed season

February March and August September is red tide season.

So it appears the best time to swim in the Ocean is November December and January.

This is a 16 clip of Ocead House and across the street the new location of a Yacht Club buffet being built. This last week the stifling temperature, wind and  the inability to use the umbrellas for shade, most YCers opted to return to the ship for lunch. Not only is docking hit or miss.

Today in Cozumel we did not dock at our usual Puerto Lagostino. Did not hear any complaints from staff or passengers. At the other dock has a huge Mega Mart, but from scuttlebutt the crew no longer get off the ship because the Mega Mart has raised it prices and is no longer worth going to.

IMG_3214.jpeg