Price for Kids....

FlaMom

Hello All-

I hope this isn't a stupid question....we are booked on the Splendour med cruise for October, price for kids is $499 each. Just looked at the Voyager cruise out of Barcelona and the kids rate is only $165 each. Is this a discount or does RC just randomly price the cruises due to expected volume etc? We are seriously considering the switch as it would save us $670!

(Rates for Int. cabins are also cheaper and we are happy with any itinerary)

As far as I know, there is not a separate price for kids on RCI. The price per cabin is based on full price for the first 2 passengers, and reduced price for the other 2 passengers regardless if they are kids or not.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong :confused:

Hello All-

I hope this isn't a stupid question....we are booked on the Splendour med cruise for October, price for kids is $499 each. Just looked at the Voyager cruise out of Barcelona and the kids rate is only $165 each. Is this a discount or does RC just randomly price the cruises due to expected volume etc? We are seriously considering the switch as it would save us $670!

(Rates for Int. cabins are also cheaper and we are happy with any itinerary)

Not a stupid question:D When I switched from the April 22 sailing on the GOTS to the April 29 sailing, my son's fare went from $540 to $340. That's not why I switched, but it was a nice plus. I have noticed that busier sailings do have a higher price for 3rd/4th person in the room. It does pay to look at different dates and ships.

Shellie

Prices for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. passengers in a cabin are set by the expected capacity of a ship. If the ship typical runs close to full the rate will be higher than If they do not readily fill the ship for the specific itinerary. As stated before this is not a kids' (children's) discount, it is an additional passenger over 2 in a cabin discount.

Thanks all......sorry for the "kids rate" in the title...I'm so used to traveling with kids that's what came to mind instead of 3d and 4th passengers lol!

Good info...will probably make the switch, that is a huge savings!

Yes, as all said, it's just the 3rd and 4th person rate. We've paid as high as $899 for a 7 month old for one cruise and as low as $299 for a 2 year old. Like you said, the savings can't be ignore. :D

So true, we paid $799 for a Spring Break cruise but are only paying $399 for the Freedom in September. Think it all depends on the time of year, current bookings and the norms that make pricing go higher or lower. Since you like the other ships stops I would go for it. Just think of the savings as free excursion money. You can have a lot of fufu drinks with that kinda cash.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived