Car Rental

Just wondering if anyone has ever rented a car from Orlando to Port Canaveral and did the drop off before boarding the ship. It is only $63. to rent a SUV. Rental company will drive you then to the pier. We figured since we would be arriving a day before, it would give us a vehicle to drive around with. How is the drive from the Airport to Cape Canaveral?

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone has ever rented a car from Orlando to Port Canaveral and did the drop off before boarding the ship. It is only $63. to rent a SUV. Rental company will drive you then to the pier. We figured since we would be arriving a day before, it would give us a vehicle to drive around with. How is the drive from the Airport to Cape Canaveral?

Thanks

I'll let you know in two weeks from a personal standpoint, but according to many posts that I've read here, it's quite easy to deal with the rental companies. I'm personally using Budget, they were the nicest folks to talk to in P'Can, and the office is open 24 hours at MCO. The drive from MCO to Port Canaveral is gravy, about 45 minutes on a good day and an hour on a bad day, and it's relatively pretty for flat FL countryside, which I personally love. Hope this helps.

I have also booked with budget. They were very helpful. We figured by renting a car on both days we would save ourselves almost $100.00. Just so you know, they have discounts plans for better deals. Originally I got a price for over $100.00 for one way, they using and Aeroplan Points card, I got a $40. discount.

Very cool using the discounts. I used the Entertainment book double upgrade coupons and got a very good rate. Since there are only two of us, we can get by with a smaller car. We're going to Lakeland when we get off Mariner on the 9th of April, to attend the Sun-N-Fun airshow, so the only reasonable way it would have worked was to have a rental car. I was still surprised at how easy and inexpensive it was. Happy sailing.

We actually couldn't get a flight back home on the Sunday, so we decided to go to Disney for the day. My kids have never been there. Alot of people say you need a week there, but we are not huge amusement park people, so we figured a day is enough.

We actually couldn't get a flight back home on the Sunday, so we decided to go to Disney for the day. My kids have never been there. Alot of people say you need a week there, but we are not huge amusement park people, so we figured a day is enough.

If you're into the "Worlds", Disney, Epcot, and Universal, then a week wouldn't be long enough to see everything, especially if it was in a crowded season. I've seen lines that took an hour way back when. I lived in Tampa when it first opened up, and every time someone visited, there was a required trip to DW. After the first 10 or 12 times, we finally started telling people that we'd still be in the same location when they got back, go and enjoy the day, have fun. I had a friend who bought season passes while we were in a Navy school in Orlando in 1984, just so he could eat at one of the restaurants, I just shook my head. Haven't been in years, and don't desire to go again. Most people just shake their heads at me though when I tell them I'm going to a dusty airport in April heat in Lakeland to look at airplanes and vendors for a day, so it's all in what you want. You'll have a blast, I'm sure, probably couldn't help it after your cruise, even if you wanted to be grumpy, you couldn't. LOL.

We rented a car from Budget in 2004 and it worked out great!!! The drive is very easy and fast - straigt shot basically. Also, on the return, we had a late flight so since we had a car, we dropped by downtown Disney and walked around a bit before heading for the airport.

I'm hoping Disney will be worth it. Since we probably won't be getting there until 2:00pm, the tickets I heard are around $250. for 4 people. I figure we can say been there done that, and move on to a whole new adventure.:)

Archived