Nova - Classic Veranda Cabin Location

lovestx

We are considering a cruise that circumnavigates Japan in October 2024.  Will want to book a Veranda cabin.  Don't have issues with motion sickness but don't like to smell cigarette or cigar smoke on our balcony so we know to avoid proximity to the Connoisseurs Corner.

Most of the classic veranda cabins appear to be near or adjacent to "crew areas" that show in white on the Deck Plan.  Should we avoid these?  Happy to pay a bit more if it means we will have a quieter room.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off Nova.  While I cannot comment about the noise in a Classic Veranda that is adjacent to a crew area, I will say that the noise insulation is no better or worse than other Silversea ships I've been on.  We still would hear the doorbell, toilet flush, and even some loud conversation in adjacent rooms.  It wasn't bad, so please do not feel that I am complaining.  However, I might hesitate to be right on top of a crew area.

There are plenty of Classic Veranda rooms that are not adjacent to a crew area, so I'd go for one of those if I could.  If not, I might think seriously about ponying up a little more to go Superior.  I do hope someone can come in here and give more appropriate first-hand experience, but we have to keep in mind that we're talking about a very small population that currently have that experience.

• Like 1