Coconut Court Beach Hotel- Any Info???

Pudgesmom

We are considering a post cruise stay at this hotel next January.

Has anyone here been there? How's the local beach? How far to the local golf course? Nearby restaurants?

Any and all information would be GREATLY appriciated!!!

Beth:)

I have not stayed at this hotel but took a walk to the beach where it is located from where I was staying in Rockley.The hotel looked nice from the outside, there is a pub called Red Rooster opposite, where you can get food and drinks. The hotel is on the main road so you can get transportation easily, or you can walk a bit to Rockley/Accra beach where there are places to eat,such as Bubbas and Cheffettes.The beach looked ok, we were there early morning and the tide was out a bit.

My favourite beach on the South Coast is Worthing Beach.There is a small coral reef off shore so the water is calm the Carib Beach Bar is on this beach as well, if you are looking for a landmark.

Check the reviews on tripadvisor:http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147266-d150723-Reviews-Coconut_Court_Beach_Resort-Christ_Church_Barbados.html make sure and request a room with a/c as I don't think all of the rooms have a/c.

Is this the Coconut Court in Hastings?

We stayed there for our honeymoon, waaaaay back in 1989!!

It was a lovely little place when we went. They served food at the Hotel which was great - especially their flying fish. The Hotel was enclosed within a wall, but it was very easy to get to the beach - which we loved. We even saw a couple get married on it. Back then you could walk all the way to Carlisle Bay, don't know if you still can. If not you must still go there, it is a beautiful beach.

It's a lot more built up now so I'm afraid I can't comment on restaurants etc.

The rooms were fairly large with a kitchenette and shower room. They also had a balcony but the only air conditioning was a fan on the ceiling.

Not much help to you, but thanks for jogging my memory.

Archived