Downling on Epic

homeschoolmom3

We will be on a Mediterranean Cruise on Epic next year. We would like to permanently get off on our second to last port in Israel Ashdod and go and spend the night in Jerusalem instead of going back to the ship for one night as it moves to our final port of Haifa. US customer service says just ask on board. I am quite aware that the process needs to start before we get onboard. Has anyone done this and if so do you have any contact numbers or emails? Thank you.

19 hours ago, homeschoolmom3 said:

We will be on a Mediterranean Cruise on Epic next year. We would like to permanently get off on our second to last port in Israel Ashdod and go and spend the night in Jerusalem instead of going back to the ship for one night as it moves to our final port of Haifa. US customer service says just ask on board. I am quite aware that the process needs to start before we get onboard. Has anyone done this and if so do you have any contact numbers or emails? Thank you.

Do a search on Cruise Critic, this topic has appeared several times over the past month or two. It seems to be the case that you have to contact NCL and get something in writing. There doesn't (unfortunately) seem to be a hard and fast rule on how to do this, meaning: don't assume because it worked out for others that it'll work out for you, it's handled on a case-by-case basis.

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Do a search on Cruise Critic, this topic has appeared several times over the past month or two. It seems to be the case that you have to contact NCL and get something in writing. There doesn't (unfortunately) seem to be a hard and fast rule on how to do this, meaning: don't assume because it worked out for others that it'll work out for you, it's handled on a case-by-case basis.

I have looked up other threads. (I used Downlining and getting off early)There are 2 with NCL one has to do with Canada/Alaska/Jones Act. The second has to do with getting on in a Schengen area and getting off in another. I have a question for Israel! I posted in the Israel/North Africa board and they suggested posting here. Other cruise lines have their own rules so those posts were not helpful! I was hoping to get a better contact number as US Customer Service for NCL the partial answer is different every time I call in or escalate.

52 minutes ago, homeschoolmom3 said:

I have looked up other threads. (I used Downlining and getting off early)There are 2 with NCL one has to do with Canada/Alaska/Jones Act. The second has to do with getting on in a Schengen area and getting off in another. I have a question for Israel! I posted in the Israel/North Africa board and they suggested posting here. Other cruise lines have their own rules so those posts were not helpful! I was hoping to get a better contact number as US Customer Service for NCL the partial answer is different every time I call in or escalate.

I have also seen one about Greece and another about Europe (France, IIRC). If you're looking for a solid, bulletproof answer on here, I doubt you'll find one. I guess basically I'm concerned about two things: 1. You'll get your hopes up and they might be dashed and 2. Your cruise isn't until next year and you'll spend all that time worrying about whether they'll let you disembark early. I've been on Cruise Critic more than a decade and I know people can be disappointed, aka "but they did it for that person, why won't they do it for me?" I hope it does work out, just be prepared for Plan B if NCL says "no."