anyone ever use or hear of waterproof bag for camera

Buffettfan 225

I am going to do some snorkeling and stingrays in two weeks on the cruise.

A few questions from those who may have more knowledge:

1.)Anyone ever hear of a waterproof bag (Aquapak?) for their digital camera?

I bought some disposable cameras as back up, but one never knows how the photos are until you get home.

2.)IF I do take some shots with disposable do I need to have developer adjust for blue tones etc?

Thanks for suggestions.

Yes, I have heard of heard of waterproof bags for cameras. However, I have never used one before. I bought a cheap 3 mp underwater digital camera for $89 at newegg dot com. I havent used mine, but my coworker has the exact same one and took decent pics at 62ft. I will be using mine a week from today. But to answer your question, I have heard of waterproof bags for cameras.

the Aquapak would probably be OK for snorkeling if you are planning on staying on the surface. It certainly would not be a practical solution for submerging with your camera. The water pressure would quickly make the buttons inoperable.

You might be able to get a housing for your camera. http://www.digideep.com is the place to look to see if your camera has a compatible housing. Olympus and Canon are the 2 manufacturers that makes housing for many of their models.

If you take digital UW photos, you can adjust the colors/exposure setting on your computer before you send the image file off to print. If you use a windoze computer, try this freeware from google: http://picasa.google.com/

In my experience, disposable cameras produce disposable photos, so I wouldn't spend extra on the prints.

Archived